Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Return to Nuke 'Em High: Volume 1 (2013)

10/10 A modern day Troma classic, a must see!

Didn't know they'd made more Nuke em High films although I haven't followed Troma for a while now.

I watched Big Bad Wolves. Israeli crime thriller thing. Pretty decent I thought, 7/10. Was Tarantino's favourite film of last year apparently.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 09:03 ----------

Oculus - 7/10. Enjoyable horror which does a good job of confusing you. Starbuck is decent.

Devil's Knot - 7/10. Well acted film about the West Memphis Three trial.

Merantau Warrior - 7.5/10

First Indonesian film directed by Gareth Evans and starring Iko Uwais (who both went on to film The Raid and The Raid 2: Berandel).

Young man Yuda leaves his family home for the first time and travels to Jakarta on a traditional rite of passage, planning to become a teacher in the martial art Silat. He meets a young woman and her little brother, young woman is then kidnapped by a gang of sex traffickers... and you can guess the rest.

Not quite as polished as The Raid but still very entertaining. Also a bit more in the way of acting too.

12 Years a Slave - 4/10

Very disappointing after all the much talked about hype. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about slavery. It seemed to skip through the years too fast with very little story. In my opinion a very overrated film.

Serenity (2004)

An awesome classic film made by Joss Wheadon (Avegeners Assesmble) with great characters with their funny witty dialogues, a good soundtrack and a good plot!

As a fan of Firefly TV series, It depresses me greatly that a season 2 of the show will never happen (Since Fox canceled it) but I won't give out spoilers but I highly recommend to watch the TV shows first (You can watch all of them on Netflix!) to find out why a season 2 will never happen!

Rating: 9/10

Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie - just as I thought it would be - absolutely dire. So unfunny it was painful. I kept waiting for the belly laugh, at least one in there....but the credits came first. The series has me laughing occasionally. This didn't. A teenager in the back corner said about all there is to say when she shouted out after about 10 minutes, 'this is crap'.

1/10

Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie - just as I thought it would be - absolutely dire. So unfunny it was painful. I kept waiting for the belly laugh, at least one in there....but the credits came first. The series has me laughing occasionally. This didn't. A teenager in the back corner said about all there is to say when she shouted out after about 10 minutes, 'this is crap'.

1/10

I'm not a fan of the series but thought I'd give the film a go as it makes me laugh sometimes but came out happy I didn't pay for my ticket, absolutely terrible,didn't go well onto the big screen. Can't disagree with your rating.

Oculus 7/10- does well to confuse you jumping back and forth but was decent enough. Did make me jump a couple of times.

The Grey 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1601913/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Liam Neeson is a hunter that becomes the Hunted. 8/10

Entertaining movie I thought.

I went to see this film at the cinema although I did really enjoy it, I completely didn't expect the film to be about what it is actually about which made it intense!

Definitely worth a watch to anyone who hasn't seen it, its now on movie channels

(I don't watch trailers)