Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Absolute rubbish. Barely 2 out of 10. Maybe funny if you're Jewish? Gave it two marks as they use Marmalade's 'Reflections'. Beautiful song.

Seth Rogan is to comedy what Judi Dench is to pole-dancing: unadvised.

image.png

The Dark Crystal 9/10.

Saw it at the ABC on Angel St in 1982 (Where Argos is now) and was scared of the Skeksis (Well I was only just turned 6 at the time) but now it's a timeless classic IMO.

And there's a "prequel" series to it on Netflix, Age of Resistance or something.

Remo Williams: Unarmed and Dangerous - 7/10

I haven't seen this since I was a kid. Very silly plot but the film itself is enjoyable simply for Fred Ward's Remo and the acerbically funny Korean martial arts master Chiun.

Love and Monsters  7.5/10

Not my usual cup of tea but I really quite enjoyed this.

Good fun,  apocalyptic feel good nonsense, it’s well acted and has decent special effects. Great if you want to watch something you don’t have to think about too much!

9 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Love and Monsters  7.5/10

Not my usual cup of tea but I really quite enjoyed this.

Good fun,  apocalyptic feel good nonsense, it’s well acted and has decent special effects. Great if you want to watch something you don’t have to think about too much!

I tried with this. Stuck it for about 20 minutes but it didn't hold my interest. Turned it off. I intend to give it another go in a few days.