Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy earlier, good fun film. As far as the Marvel films go, I'd rank it below Avengers, Iron Man 1 and both Captain America films, but above the others, maybe the same or just above the first Thor. It's impressive that they've managed to make a succesful film out of superheroes that were fairly obscure, hopefully this means more of the Marvel universe makes it onto the silver screen, I know Ant Man is out next year.

Last week I saw that Shallow Grave was on so I taped it, I'd heard rave reviews of it from all over the place. I think I stuck it for 6 or 7 minutes, what total utter drivel it was crap -25/10.
And the first 6 or 7 minutes are the best bit:o

IMO it's just not a good film. Because none of the characters have any redeeming features there's no reason to get behind them and hence no tension that they might get found out or come to harm.

And the first 6 or 7 minutes are the best bit:o

IMO it's just not a good film. Because none of the characters have any redeeming features there's no reason to get behind them and hence no tension that they might get found out or come to harm.

Very true, what is it about Crowe he was awful in Noah & Robin Hood, but Gladiator was brill.

Oh I was talking about Shallow Grave. Not seen Noah.

Crowe has been coasting for awhile now. I reckon his fire has gone out. But then he's not had a good script/role since, well Gladiator. Although I did like Master and Commander (but then again that was 10 years ago!).

Oh I was talking about Shallow Grave. Not seen Noah.

Crowe has been coasting for awhile now. I reckon his fire has gone out. But then he's not had a good script/role since, well Gladiator. Although I did like Master and Commander (but then again that was 10 years ago!).

To be fair he's still been in some decent films post-Gladiator - M&C, Cinderella Man, 3:10 To Yuma, American Gangster and State of Play are all worth a watch.