Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Without Remorse

The main actor in the  film is Tom Clancy, I don’t know much about him or what other films he’s been in. The reason I watched it was because Jamie Bell was in the film, he is more of a support actor in most of the films I’ve watched him in.

If you enjoy films with elite Navy Seals,  international conspiracy  and lot of action you might enjoy this film.

It wasn’t bad but I was glad when it had finished.  

6/10

The main actor is Michael B Jordan as John Kelly, Tom Clancy was the author of the book it's based on.

Shuffle (2011).

Not sure if we're trying too hard to find the perfect 'groundhog day' film, but.

Shuffle ain't it!

The premise is different enough in that the hero of the story, after falling to sleep, wakes-up each-day, at a different age.

Daft enough ? it gets worse! his 'wakening's' arn't necessarily in chronological order!

There is, an interwoven sub story that does tie everything together eventually, but it  plays second fiddle to the producers desire to produce something 'art housie' 

Critical acclaim for the filming (most of the film is in some sort of sepia) begs the question, does filming in sepia actually make a film a hit?

I'll say no to the above, the film falls flat in so many ways.   4/10 tops.

The Thirteenth Tale  (2013)

I don't usually do Horror / mystery type films, but fully enjoyed this.

Venessa Redgrave, Olivia Colman star in this story of a story.

Nice twists throughout & excellent conclusion.

Venessa Redgrave plays an aging author who's own upbringing turns out to be even more intriguing than one of her novels.

Oliver Colman plays her, to be, biographer.

Can she wheedle out the truth and gain the author's trust?

Watch it you won't be disappointed.  8/10.

Keep safe 8)🎅.   

Edited by Rockers rule
-

43 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Shuffle (2011).

Not sure if we're trying too hard to find the perfect 'groundhog day' film, but.

Shuffle ain't it!

The premise is different enough in that the hero of the story, after falling to sleep, wakes-up each-day, at a different age.

Daft enough ? it gets worse! his 'wakening's' arn't necessarily in chronological order!

There is, an interwoven sub story that does tie everything together eventually, but it  plays second fiddle to the producers desire to produce something 'art housie' 

Critical acclaim for the filming (most of the film is in some sort of sepia) begs the question, does filming in sepia actually make a film a hit?

I'll say no to the above, the film falls flat in so many ways.   4/10 tops.

The Thirteenth Tale  (2013)

I don't usually do Horror / mystery type films, but fully enjoyed this.

Venessa Redgrave, Olivia Colman star in this story of a story.

Nice twists throughout & excellent conclusion.

Venessa Redgrave plays an aging author who's own upbringing turns out to be even more intriguing than one of her novels.

Oliver Colman plays her, to be, biographer.

Can she wheedle out the truth and gain the author's trust?

Watch it you won't be disappointed.  8/10.

Keep safe 8)🎅.   

Have you got a cinema int garage Rocker?

Never known anybody watch so many films..,,

I watch about 1 film every 5 years...

God knows how you manage to fit Corrie in.   🎥

58 minutes ago, Padders said:

Have you got a cinema int garage Rocker?

Never known anybody watch so many films..,,

I watch about 1 film every 5 years...

God knows how you manage to fit Corrie in.   🎥

Neighbours probably think they live next to a drive-in as it is  🙃🤣:hihi: 

Avoiding actual Television is the secret & I hate putting lights on, (tight) so spend less time in't garage in't winter.

(other than that - garage / sheds 'n' garage extension are all full so can't get in them anyway 🥴).

My book reading takes a knock at this time of year (soon as they mess wi' clocks).

I'll be back to Corrie Christmas day / New year just for you,  be ready for the synopsis.

Keep safe 8).

See the source image

Last train to Christmas  2/10  (2021) 🎅

forget the hype - should be re named, Last train to 'Is it over yet'. 👎

Absolute dire, worst 'Christmas film ever' 

(We haven't watched Clifford the big red dog yet).

Michael Sheen plays, Tony Towers a successful entrepreneur, who's flash-backs (& forwards) while on a train journey, encounters scenarios of how his life might have been / could be. 

Sounds familiar? of course it does, its 'a Christmas Carol' & a 'Wonderful world' mixed up into a fully forgettable load of nonsense. 

The cast is good, and the story is, but the thing just doesn't keep you interested enough to be bothered (& its just not funny).

I'm not going to mention Covid & how difficult it must be for the film industry.

But come-on, you go to work, you take pride in your job, you've achieved something.

Obviously this is not a trait required in the 'film industry' at the moment.

Nice to see Hayley Mills cameo (no that's not a euphemism :blush:).

Keep safe out there 8) 

& may your baubles be entwined with tinsel 🥴.

22 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Last train to Christmas  2/10  (2021) 🎅

forget the hype - should be re named, Last train to 'Is it over yet'. 👎

Absolute dire, worst 'Christmas film ever' 

(We haven't watched Clifford the big red dog yet).

Michael Sheen plays, Tony Towers a successful entrepreneur, who's flash-backs (& forwards) while on a train journey, encounters scenarios of how his life might have been / could be. 

Sounds familiar? of course it does, its 'a Christmas Carol' & a 'Wonderful world' mixed up into a fully forgettable load of nonsense. 

The cast is good, and the story is, but the thing just doesn't keep you interested enough to be bothered (& its just not funny).

I'm not going to mention Covid & how difficult it must be for the film industry.

But come-on, you go to work, you take pride in your job, you've achieved something.

Obviously this is not a trait required in the 'film industry' at the moment.

Nice to see Hayley Mills cameo (no that's not a euphemism :blush:).

Keep safe out there 8) 

& may your baubles be entwined with tinsel 🥴.

Yeah. The 'Siding Doors' concepts works well in some movies, but it missed the mark here for me too. Enjoyed the nod to the late Mick Ronson though.

(You wanna complain? I have to take the other set of g-kids to see 'Clifford'. No man should have to sit through that twice. Good job I love them)