Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

On 27/12/2021 at 06:04, wearysmith said:

Later this morning going to see Spider-Man for the 3rd time. Getting my cinema visits in before the inevitable lockdown.  

EgCOECj.jpg

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home recently.

It’s definitely aimed at kids (like all the Spider-Man spinoff movies) but it’s chock-full of fan service so even big kids like me can enjoy it.

The scenes with Dr Strange going all Inception did make me feel queasy.

Verdict is 8/10, including one bonus point for bringing back Tobey Maguire.

'Parked'   (2011)   6.5/10

In theory the story is there. Homeless, down on his luck and resorting to sleeping in his car.

(Been there - usually down to being too drunk to be in any state to drive back to the B&B :suspect:)

Colm Meany plays Fred Daly, can't get dole money because of 'no fixed abode'.

Film has everything, political interest, love interests and a much younger fellow car sleeper with his own problems in the next car.

Unfortunately the film fails almost as if, 'we've done enough, the budgets been cut, lets go home'.  

Shame could have been as good as 'The Lady in the Van', 2015 or 'I Daniel Blake', 2016.

Worth watching? yes, but don't expect too much.

Break  (2020)  6/10 

If a films about 'snooker surely it should conjure up the magic of snooker.

Too much of a remake of 'the Karate kid' and any other film that deals with coming from a council estate where drugs, broken family's and gangsters rule are the norm. 

The 1984 film 'Number one' with Bob Geldof did the same story even better.  

Aileen Wuornos: American boogeywoman  (2021)

The perfect a compliment to the 2003 film 'Monster'.

The Boogeywoman film is from the prospectus of taped interviews with American serial killer Aileen Wuornos  before being killed by lethal injection in 1989.

Can her claims on further killings, the reason for her other crimes be taken as truth, or just further proof of the state of Aileen's mental state?

Gonna give this a 8.5/10.

Worth watching.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

'Parked'   (2011)   6.5/10

In theory the story is there. Homeless, down on his luck and resorting to sleeping in his car.

(Been there - usually down to being too drunk to be in any state to drive back to the B&B :suspect:)

Colm Meany plays Fred Daly, can't get dole money because of 'no fixed abode'.

Film has everything, political interest, love interests and a much younger fellow car sleeper with his own problems in the next car.

Unfortunately the film fails almost as if, 'we've done enough, the budgets been cut, lets go home'.  

Shame could have been as good as 'The Lady in the Van', 2015 or 'I Daniel Blake', 2016.

Worth watching? yes, but don't expect too much.

Break  (2020)  6/10 

If a films about 'snooker surely it should conjure up the magic of snooker.

Too much of a remake of 'the Karate kid' and any other film that deals with coming from a council estate where drugs, broken family's and gangsters rule are the norm. 

The 1984 film 'Number one' with Bob Geldof did the same story even better.  

Aileen Wuornos: American boogeywoman  (2021)

The perfect a compliment to the 2003 film 'Monster'.

The Boogeywoman film is from the prospectus of taped interviews with American serial killer Aileen Wuornos  before being killed by lethal injection in 1989.

Can her claims on further killings, the reason for her other crimes be taken as truth, or just further proof of the state of Aileen's mental state?

Gonna give this a 8.5/10.

Worth watching.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Thought I was the only person in the world who watched "Number One "  . Decent film as I remember but Geldof as an actor no. 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Thought I was the only person in the world who watched "Number One "  . Decent film as I remember but Geldof as an actor no. 

The fight scene around the table has to be one of the funniest things ever filmed at the Crucible.

The link below is the last 15 mins.

(Beware some strong language)

Enjoy.

Number One TV Movie 1985 Part 9 (Final Part) - YouTube

Just watching the end of the 'Number one' again emphasises my point about the lack of feeling in the film 'Break'.

Nice to see whispering Ted Lowe - RIP 8) .

The Tinder Swindler   7.5/10

This Netflix documentary is captivating-  victims of a very smart conman, tell their story of how an Israeli fraudster took them for a ride.

I still find it astonishing, that successful women like these, actually fell for everything- I mean, when a 'son of a billionaire' asks you for money, it's time to run the other way! 

DUH!!

'Sorry we missed you' by Ken Loach, about  Newcastle family working their socks off for low pay, 

(he's a delivery driver for an Amazon type company, she's a care worker.)

Not an easy watch and depressing, but Loach is trying to realistically portray the lives of the working poor in Britain today, along the lines of 'I Daniel Blake.' Well, somebody has to.

10 /10 for worthyness and information, and 2/10 for enjoyment, but that's not the point. Everyone should watch Ken Loach's films to see how the other half(?) live.

17 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

The fight scene around the table has to be one of the funniest things ever filmed at the Crucible.

The link below is the last 15 mins.

(Beware some strong language)

Enjoy.

Number One TV Movie 1985 Part 9 (Final Part) - YouTube

Just watching the end of the 'Number one' again emphasises my point about the lack of feeling in the film 'Break'.

Nice to see whispering Ted Lowe - RIP 8) .

Now then Rocker, as you watch women skiing, it reminds me of one of the best films I've watched.

"Eddie The Eagle"  10/10.

Your thoughts?