Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

22 hours ago, Anna B said:

'Sorry we missed you' by Ken Loach, about  Newcastle family working their socks off for low pay, 

(he's a delivery driver for an Amazon type company, she's a care worker.)

Not an easy watch and depressing, but Loach is trying to realistically portray the lives of the working poor in Britain today, along the lines of 'I Daniel Blake.' Well, somebody has to.

10 /10 for worthyness and information, and 2/10 for enjoyment, but that's not the point. Everyone should watch Ken Loach's films to see how the other half(?) live.

I've seen all Loach's films and love them, its great how he mostly uses amateur actors as well in his films.

On 05/02/2022 at 18:48, Rockers rule said:

Nightmare Alley (2021)

Bradley Cooper,

Cate Blanchette.

Neo-nor Psychological thriller - that isn't.

Long winded, with a twist to the end that can be seen coming from 10 minutes in.

Well filmed but nothing new story wise. 5/10.

The original 1947 film with Tyrone Power is brilliant, and rightly regarded as the grimmest noir filmed.

On 07/02/2022 at 22:15, top4718 said:

I've seen all Loach's films and love them, its great how he mostly uses amateur actors as well in his films.

I think it gives his films a sense of authenticity. I believe he uses a lot of improvisation too.

Loach is a very clever man with a big social conscience.

On 06/02/2022 at 23:53, Anna B said:

'Sorry we missed you' by Ken Loach, about  Newcastle family working their socks off for low pay, 

(he's a delivery driver for an Amazon type company, she's a care worker.)

Not an easy watch and depressing, but Loach is trying to realistically portray the lives of the working poor in Britain today, along the lines of 'I Daniel Blake.' Well, somebody has to.

10 /10 for worthyness and information, and 2/10 for enjoyment, but that's not the point. Everyone should watch Ken Loach's films to see how the other half(?) live.

I watched this yesterday. Great movie,  depressingly realistic

Puppet master, Netflix, documentary.

Documentary about famous UK conman, masquerading as MI5 agent.  Recommended.

Edited by Guest

Kingsman 3 / the Kings Man.

or should that be Kingsman 1? :suspect: .

Pet hate straightaway .

The third in a series of films is really the first :huh:.

Why are we the audience, having watched two films looked upon as being that thick we need it explaining to us all over again ⁉️

Simple reason - we aren't that thick, but what a lovely way for the film company's to keep the franchise going.

Surprise, surprise No4 is in the pipeline.

So was the film any good - easy answer, if you want to watch an almost correct (:suspect:) (ish) potted history of the events around the start of WW1 then this is the film for you.

Apart from the expected violence, (expertly choreographed nonsense) this is the sort of film that should be shown to children of school age, if only so they know we've had two world wars and the group Franz Ferdinand were not the reason WW1 started.

Although expertly filmed, we didn't enjoy this at all, too long & nothing 'History Chanel' hasn't covered already :?.

Plot lines are so predictable, and the punch line (no spoiler -but you have to watch the film into the end credits for it) is pathetic.

I'm marking it down as low as 4/10.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Edited by Rockers rule
-

I watched Tenet last night.....its visually incredible but i'll only give it a 6 out of 10

It was the second time ive watched it and it still gives me a headache

Ive watched hundreds if not thousands of movies and its got to be the only movie where i still have no idea whats going on

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I watched Tenet last night.....its visually incredible but i'll only give it a 6 out of 10

It was the second time ive watched it and it still gives me a headache

Ive watched hundreds if not thousands of movies and its got to be the only movie where i still have no idea whats going on

giphy.gif

Same. Unlike you I CBA to watch it again though. Not entertaining enough to make the effort.