Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three - 8/10

Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau are both excellent in this crime drama about a group of criminals who take the passengers of a subway train car hostage.

I love these older films that show glimpses of how grimy New York used to be, it's almost a character all of its own. Probably wasn't all that great to live there at the time but it makes a great background for a movie.

22 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three - 8/10

Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau are both excellent in this crime drama about a group of criminals who take the passengers of a subway train car hostage.

I love these older films that show glimpses of how grimy New York used to be, it's almost a character all of its own. Probably wasn't all that great to live there at the time but it makes a great background for a movie.

Its a fantastic film, very underrated the stand off between Shaw and Matthau are excellent, good ending too.

'Fisherman's Friends: One And All'     7 - 10

Tad on the dark side. An angry man slipping into alienation and depression through alcohol over the death of his father.

Best thing about it is Imelda May but she doesn't sing enough.

Speeds along at a rapid pace. There's a lot of tangents they could have explored, but went for the twee pat ending.

Fine songs if you're in to archaic shanties.

Edited by wearysmith

The Holcroft Covenant - 5/10

Michael Caine stars in the adaptation of a Robert Ludlum novel about the son of a Nazi general who is told decades later that his father, along with two other Nazi generals, stole a fortune from the Third Reich towards the end of the war and hid it in a Swiss bank account that has to be accessed jointly by the sons of those generals. As he tries to track down the other two men, mysterious third parties appear to intervene.

Far from a classic and Caine seems somewhat miscast but an ok mystery conspiracy thriller for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

20 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Diamonds are Forever 6.5 /10  " I'm plenty " ,  "of course you are "   😂😂😂 . Always loved Bond films as a young un  but they are looking dated now

I'm pretty sure Diamonds Are Forever felt dated in the year it was released....