Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The Shawshank Redemption

I’ve seen this film a few times but I still enjoyed watching it again last night on BBC. 

If you have never seen this film before it leaves you on edge at times wondering what will happen next.  It’s about friendship and survival in awful prison conditions, also for me it’s got one of the best prison escapes that I’ve seen in a film.

First class acting from Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman who are the main actors.  It’s one of those films that leaves you wanting more at the end or a follow up to the film.

10/10

13 hours ago, hauxwell said:

The Shawshank Redemption

I’ve seen this film a few times but I still enjoyed watching it again last night on BBC. 

If you have never seen this film before it leaves you on edge at times wondering what will happen next.  It’s about friendship and survival in awful prison conditions, also for me it’s got one of the best prison escapes that I’ve seen in a film.

First class acting from Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman who are the main actors.  It’s one of those films that leaves you wanting more at the end or a follow up to the film.

10/10

It received lukewarm reviews on release and only later picked up the plaudits, its arguably the best adaptation of a Stephen King story that there is.

Watched 'Spectre' again,  wasn't really impressed as the locations were bleak,  in the Connery and Moore era there were glamorous locations,  and it was altogether more colourful so I'm hoping the next Bond film will be more scenic.   -  7/10

The female agents need to be smarter,  they always seem to need rescuing.

17 hours ago, top4718 said:

It received lukewarm reviews on release and only later picked up the plaudits, its arguably the best adaptation of a Stephen King story that there is.

I can remember Tim Robbins being  interviewed some years ago, he said the film didn’t get a very good review from the critics when it was first released.  What films I have watched of Stephen King

The Shawshank Redemption is my favourite, although I enjoyed Misery but it’s not a film I would want to watch again. 

Edited by hauxwell

5 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I can remember Tim Robbins being  interviewed some years ago, he said the film didn’t get a very good review from the critics when it was first released.  What films I have watched of Stephen King

The Shawshank Redemption is my favourite, although I enjoyed Misery but it’s not a film I would want to watch again. 

Misery is very good but yes a tough watch.

Kubrick's The Shining is also an excellent adaptation but it differs from the book and King didn't like it.

40 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Misery is very good but yes a tough watch.

Kubrick's The Shining is also an excellent adaptation but it differs from the book and King didn't like it.

I’ll have to make a note of The Shining. I haven’t seen this film.

15 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

I remember watching salems lot with David Soul which I thought very good,not seen it for 20 years though.

Agreed. 

I've read the book, and seen the television mini series.

Both brilliant. Salem's Lot is my favourite Stephen King adaptation. 

Carrie is very good, as is Delores Claiborne. 

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Agreed. 

I've read the book, and seen the television mini series.

Both brilliant. Salem's Lot is my favourite Stephen King adaptation. 

Carrie is very good, as is Delores Claiborne. 

Delores Claiborne was another good film. I didn’t realise though is was adapted from a Stephen King Book.