Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, 7/10, if it wasn't for the fact the battery died in my hearing aid just as we were walking up to the Odeon, so I couldn't hear the movie, I'd have rated it higher!

And before the usual suspects start, I've been deaf since I was 8 (nearly 39 years) and cannot help it.

On 20/02/2023 at 00:21, FoxLady said:

"The Bishop's Wife", with David Niven, Cary Grant and Loretta Young.

Black and white, great story line. 9/10 

It's superb.  One of my favourite films. 

39 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree, also Its a Wonderful life, Bells of St Marys, Waterloo Bridge,  fantastic examples of just a few of my old favourites. :thumbsup:

Cary Grant in North By Northwest.  And if you want a Christmas film that's a bit silly, Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck.

A Man Called Otto

Otto is a bad tempered man who has recently been widow. He unsuccessfully tries to commit suicide on numerous occasions.

Tom Hanks plays Otto and that is the reason why I wanted to watch the film, it’s a comedy drama.  I’m a big fan of Hanks but for me it wasn’t one of his best movies.   I’ve given it an extra mark because Hanks is in the film.

7/10

Luther: The Fallen Sun - 5/10

The TV series of Luther had jumped the shark towards the end so it's not a real shock that this film version is quite silly but even so it's entertaining enough. Andy Serkis does a good job of being menacing while having the most ridiculous hairstyle which added 1 point to my score.