Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

'High Society' Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby 1956 film.  

Remake of 1940 'Philadelphia Story' with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, which was better.

God, I love old films...

Same here Anna.

I can follow them much better than these modern films..

I love the old horror films, and I still maintain the best horror film ever made was "PSYCHO"

They'll never be another Norman Bates.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

'High Society' Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby 1956 film.  

Remake of 1940 'Philadelphia Story' with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, which was better.

God, I love old films...

Script was written by Garson Kanin,  the dialogue first class.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Same here Anna.

I can follow them much better than these modern films..

I love the old horror films, and I still maintain the best horror film ever made was "PSYCHO"

They'll never be another Norman Bates.

Agreed,  Athony Perkins was born to play that part, on saying that, Freddie Highmore plays a young Norman Bates in Bates Motel and I read Athony Perkins Mentored him,  this version starts with Norman and his Mother, (Vera Farmiga) who is also Brilliant, buying the Motel and the  lead up to the Scary Shower scene.  Well worth watching.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I watched 'Spotlight' again last night 8/10

I highly recommend watching this Oscar winning movie on Netflix

The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core.

Edited by Jack Grey

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I watched 'Spotlight' again last night 8/10

I highly recommend watching this Oscar winning movie on Netflix

The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core.

Maybe a bit heavy for me,  I'd put all child molesters on an island and let them fight to the death.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Maybe a bit heavy for me,  I'd put all child molesters on an island and let them fight to the death.

You should definitely give it a try....Its a drama about a newspaper investigation....it doesn't go too deep into what happened to the kids in a graphic way

it won two Oscars for Best Movie in 2016 and Best Screenplay

14 minutes ago, cressida said:

The newspaper investigation is a good idea for a film,  do you know of any more?

Yeah 'The Post' is really good.....and its a true story

Directed by Steven Spielberg and stars Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep

'Publisher Katharine and her editor-in-chief Ben put their careers and freedom at risk to uncover a scandalous decades-long secret about the Vietnam War.'

Edited by Jack Grey

58 minutes ago, cressida said:

Top people,  a must watch now,  I'm a bit of a film buff though I lost interest for a while,  my parents were always chatting about people in the news.

I'd highly recommend both these films, another in a similar vein is the British film Defence of the Realm.