Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

OK 

If you have a smart TV then the apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc may already be installed

If you dont have a smart TV then you need a TV with a HDMI socket and you can buy a 'Smart TV Stick'

I recommend the 'Google Chromecast' which you can buy on Amazon or Argos etc for £24.99

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_google_tv?pli=1&hl=en-GB

Its really easy to setup and you can control it witht he remote or from your phone/ipad etc

Does that make sense?

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

If you have a smart TV then the apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc may already be installed

If you dont have a smart TV then you need a TV with a HDMI socket and you can buy a 'Smart TV Stick'

I recommend the 'Google Chromecast' which you can buy on Amazon or Argos etc for £24.99

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_google_tv?pli=1&hl=en-GB

Its really easy to setup and you can control it witht he remote or from your phone/ipad etc

Does that make sense?

Yes,  thank you very much,  job for the son😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cressida said:

Yes,  thank you very much,  job for the son😊

Once you get setup you'll never watch normal TV again

And you dont need to sign up for Netflix etc

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & Channel 5 all have apps so you can watch your programs anytime you want for free

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

Defence of the Realm is a classy thriller, one of the best from the 1980s. Second only to The Long Good Friday or Stormy Monday.

IIRC it had a great cast of Denholm Elliot and Gabriel Byrne. 

It was very low key, however often films which are low key are often better - they rely on good writing and good acting.

It's a very enjoyable film and one you hardly hear mentioned these days.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Once you get setup you'll never watch normal TV again

And you dont need to sign up for Netflix etc

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & Channel 5 all have apps so you can watch your programs anytime you want for free

How do you avoid the adverts?

PVR combined with Torrents for me.

1 minute ago, Norbert said:

How do you avoid the adverts?

PVR combined with Torrents for me.

Yeah with those apps you might get some adverts but its the same as watching on TV but its all on demand

I didnt want to talk about Torrents on here because it can be illegal and im not gonna implicate myself on a public forum

And its a bit of a minefield for someone whos is not tech savvy

'Shazam! Fury of the Gods'.   4/10.

Mostly tripe. Had none of the charm of the first film. What Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu were thinking getting involved with this waffle is beyond me. Unless the money was really good they should have both held out for a phone call from Marvel's people.

Gave it 4 marks as the lass that plays Mary Marvel is really hot and there's a too-short appearance by Gal Gadot at the end. 

LQsGcpY.jpg

Edited by wearysmith