Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

12 hours ago, top4718 said:

Yes I agree, they need to give them a rest for a bit.

But they won't. You've seen the money they make. Now they've the rights to the Fantastic 4, the X-Men etc I expect an increase in output rather than a slacking off. But it should be about quality rather than quantity. Like I said earlier, Marvel have made some very strange choices these past few years.

1 minute ago, wearysmith said:

But they won't. You've seen the money they make. Now they've the rights to the Fantastic 4, the X-Men etc I expect an increase in output rather than a slacking off. But it should be about quality rather than quantity. Like I said earlier, Marvel have made some very strange choices these past few years.

They have and the quality has definitely dropped.

• Like 1

Just watched 'Ben-Hur' the 1959 film.  10/10

I can't believe there's anyone around who hasn't seen it, but if not, you're in for a real treat. It really is an almost perfect film; story, casting, directing, sets, the lot. No wonder it won 11 Academy awards at the Oscars. 

I love these old epic films, on giant themes, often religious, filmed at great expense on a grand scale before CGI was even thought of. They still stand up extremely well compared to modern films.

They literally don't make 'em like this any more. 

We watched 'The Banshees of Inisherin' last night (8/10)

Great irish movie....very sweet, dark and very funny

We had to watch it with subtitles though 😁

Set on a remote island off the west coast of Ireland, THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN follows lifelong friends Pádraic (Colin Farrell) and Colm (Brendan Gleeson), who find themselves at an impasse when Colm unexpectedly puts an end to their friendship. A stunned Pádraic, aided by his sister Siobhán (Kerry Condon) and troubled young islander Dominic (Barry Keoghan), endeavours to repair the relationship, refusing to take no for an answer. But Pádraic's repeated efforts only strengthen his former friend’s resolve and when Colm delivers a desperate ultimatum, events swiftly escalate, with shocking consequences.

Edited by Jack Grey