Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Sex Tape: 5/10. Badly mauled by newspaper critics but not nearly as bad as they'd have you believe. Yes, it could have been better, and some scenes drag a lot, but worth a watch.

If I stay: 7/10. Clever permutations on 'deathbed patient's spirit hanging around bed in doubt as to survival' scenario, with added flashbacks. Weepy but OK nonetheless.

12 Years A Slave - 5/10 - Was looking forward to this but found it really disappointing, very slow in places and didn't have the dramatic effect you would expect given the subject matter, it has been compared to Schindler's List but that is a far superior film.

Gravity. Quite enjoyed this on my 42" telly but realise it was a film that was meant to be watched at the cinema. Didn't go on too long either. 8/10

I don't know whether it's an age thing, but I find my concentration span these days is much shorter and I generally struggle with films over 2 hours long (LOTR and Godfather being exceptions).

I watched Avatar for the first time last week and although I enjoyed it, I did find myself clock watching at a few points during the film. Although I'd give it a 7/10, I suspect it maybe one of those films I appreciate more on the second viewing.

Regards

Doom

I don't know whether it's an age thing, but I find my concentration span these days is much shorter and I generally struggle with films over 2 hours long (LOTR and Godfather being exceptions).

I watched Avatar for the first time last week and although I enjoyed it, I did find myself clock watching at a few points during the film. Although I'd give it a 7/10, I suspect it maybe one of those films I appreciate more on the second viewing.

Regards

Doom

Avatar requires full 3d and surround sound to fully appreciate IMHO. It just becomes any other film in any other format.

Canadian Bacon 4/10

Sadly, not as good as I remembered it to be.

That's a shame, I have fond memories of it and was planning to watch it again (having regaled people about it).

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy at the cinema on saturday with 5 12 and 13 year olds. (I'm 44 btw).

I'm not a comic book fan, and had never heard of the comic, but the film was definitely a winner for me and my young charges. Lots of Crash!Bang!Wallop! - Things Exploding, Wisecracks and Comebacks, and an acceptably small amount of Learning And Growing. A lot of fun.

8/10 - recommended.

Edited by Phanerothyme