Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2023 at 21:28, HeHasRisen said:

We Have A Ghost (Netflix) 

A recent film about a family that move into a house and it has a ghost. Very good, funny in places and a surprisingly touching ending. 

9/10

Just watched it. Not my normal cup of tea but enjoyed it . 7/10 

Oppenheimer - an excellent and thought provoking biopic of a gifted but also much troubled soul whose work on the Manhatten Project profoundly altered the world in which we now live. Great performance by Cillian Murphy in the title role deserves subsequent film nominations.  9/10.

echo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late in the day but just watched 'No time to die' with Daniel Craig. The last of his incarnation as 007.

Loved it! Great story (Like the way all Daniel Craig's films were linked by a common thread, which finally made sense in this final episode,) special affects, and great cast. Rounded off the series brilliantly. Always thought DC brought something fresh to James Bond; tough as old boots, but with vulnerability at the core. And this film had that in spades.

Not surprised they didn't release it during the pandemic. All the DC films seemed to mirror real life in the changing modern world, and had something interesting to say about it. 

9.5 /10

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Bit late in the day but just watched 'No time to die' with Daniel Craig. The last of his incarnation as 007.

Loved it! Great story (Like the way all Daniel Craig's films were linked by a common thread, which finally made sense in this final episode,) special affects, and great cast. Rounded off the series brilliantly. Always thought DC brought something fresh to James Bond; tough as old boots, but with vulnerability at the core. And this film had that in spades.

Not surprised they didn't release it during the pandemic. All the DC films seemed to mirror real life in the changing modern world, and had something interesting to say about it. 

9.5 /10

For me , Daniel Craig played Bond perfectly . Will need a good replacement and I can't think of one . 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

For me , Daniel Craig played Bond perfectly . Will need a good replacement and I can't think of one . 

Certainly left some very big boots to fill. I've liked all the Bonds for different reasons, but Daniel Craig was a real actor rather than just a pretty boy, he changed the whole genre and made it gritty and great again.

But I also liked the way they made sure the 007 franchise could continue indefinitely without the same actor/ character. Very clever.