Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Driving Miss Daisy

I loved this film. Morgan Freeman was brilliant and so was Jessica Tandy who are the main characters.

The film starts in the late 1940’s USA when there is a lot of racial prejudice and spans over a period of a quarter of a century.  It’s about a friendship between an elderly Jewish lady and her chauffeur an African American.  

The relationship doesn’t start very well but over the years they become friends.

10/10

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Accused.  Lad gets outed on social media as being responsible for a terrorist attack. 7/10 

I watched it earlier. It was quite powerful viewing, really violent in places.

Made you think even though it was full of plot holes.

I agree with your 7/10, if only for the acting.

On 18/09/2023 at 19:51, nikki-red said:

Talk to me.     7/10

I enjoyed this, was a lot more than the ‘teen horror’ I expected it to be. A bit different and quite well written.

I even had to look away at one point, and that never happens! 

Looking forward to going to see this!

• Like 1

I watched 'Happy Death Day' at the weekend. I'd downloaded it from C4 a while back and only just remembered I had.

A lot of 'Groundhog Day' fun.

Basic plot: a girl wakes up after a bender in a strange guy's dorm room. As the day plays out she gets murdered, only to reawaken the morning of the same day in the same dorm room. After much denial she has to figure out who is killing her and why. An easy watch and ticks all the boxes. For that reason alone I'll give it an 8/10.

I'm sure it's still on C4's watch again option for any that's interested.

sPHJcZE.png

3 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I watched 'Happy Death Day' at the weekend. I'd downloaded it from C4 a while back and only just remembered I had.

A lot of 'Groundhog Day' fun.

Basic plot: a girl wakes up after a bender in a strange guy's dorm room. As the day plays out she gets murdered, only to reawaken the morning of the same day in the same dorm room. After much denial she has to figure out who is killing her and why. An easy watch and ticks all the boxes. For that reason alone I'll give it an 8/10.

I'm sure it's still on C4's watch again option for any that's interested.

sPHJcZE.png

It has a sequel that's not quite as good but if you liked this you'll enjoy it.