Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

'Greed' with Steve Coogen and David Mitchell.  8/10

A thinly veiled pastiche of the likes of businessman such as  Phillip Green. 

Set in India, Coogan's character is a ruthless, avaricious, multi millionaire not averse to a bit of hard nosed exploitation as he wheels and deals in his busy business world while arranging a mega bucks party for his 60th birthday to restore his tarnished reputation.

This is undercut with stories of the exploited workers on the receiving end of his methods.

Quite funny, but with some very serious points to make. 

One of those films everybody should to watch.     

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

'Greed' with Steve Coogen and David Mitchell.  8/10

A thinly veiled pastiche of the likes of businessman such as  Phillip Green. 

Set in India, Coogan's character is a ruthless, avaricious, multi millionaire not averse to a bit of hard nosed exploitation as he wheels and deals in his busy business world while arranging a mega bucks party for his 60th birthday to restore his tarnished reputation.

This is undercut with stories of the exploited workers on the receiving end of his methods.

Quite funny, but with some very serious points to make. 

One of those films everybody should to watch.     

The description suits the odious Green to a t.

'Kill Bill 2' was on telly last night. First time I've watched it since I saw it at the flix all those years back. Didn't rate it then as it was a pale Part 2 compared to the brilliance of the first.

Age must have mellowed me as I really enjoyed my 2nd viewing. Enough to give it an 8.  Back in '04 I doubt I would have given it 3. Was hugely disappointed.

Masden and Hannah were the stand out performances, but there's no denying Thurman was a serious looker and demanded attention every scene she was in.

Gordon Liu's wispy-beard stroking was still as annoying though.

NWrzR7H.jpg

Edited by wearysmith

5 hours ago, wearysmith said:

'Kill Bill 2' was on telly last night. First time I've watched it since I saw it at the flix all those years back. Didn't rate it then as it was a pale Part 2 compared to the brilliance of the first.

Age must have mellowed me as I really enjoyed my 2nd viewing. Enough to give it an 8.  Back in '04 I doubt I would have given it 3. Was hugely disappointed.

Masden and Hannah were the stand out performances, but there's no denying Thurman was a serious looker and demanded attention every scene she was in.

Gordon Liu's wispy-beard stroking was still as annoying though.

NWrzR7H.jpg

Never understood how Michael Parks never got more glory for his part as Esteban Vihaio . Brilliant 

• Like 1

Early Man the Aardman stop go animated film based on a football theme.

Concludes with a match between Real Bronzio and The Primitives.

Typical Nick Park production with plenty of humour and puns.

Very enjoyable for young and old alike.  8/10.

echo.