Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' (David Thewlis, Asa Butterfield, Jack Scanion. 2008.)

A truly mesmerising film about the Holocaust which manages to make the horror personal and all the more shocking for it.

Awful for all the right reasons, but a brilliant film. (9/10)

The book is the same, a little predictable but just as relevant.

The zone of interest.

Finally watched all of it, without falling asleep :blush:

Had to get up early, fathom out how to work the remote, & trawl something called 'apps' :huh:

Unusual concept, arty type film that showed promise, and does.

Spoilt only by a weak ending.

6/10

Netflix.  Father Stu,  Mark Walhber over acting and my god does that man love himself, I wouldn't mind if he had the looks going on like Clooney, Errol Flynn,  Padders, Hackey and Me.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

Wild Rose.

A gritty modern kitchen sink drama showing the realities of life for a young lass with two young children in Glasgow who has ambition to become a county singer. Heartwarming in the end. 8/10.

echo.

On 28/02/2024 at 18:03, Anna B said:

'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' (David Thewlis, Asa Butterfield, Jack Scanion. 2008.)

A truly mesmerising film about the Holocaust which manages to make the horror personal and all the more shocking for it.

Awful for all the right reasons, but a brilliant film. (9/10)

David Thewliss is a brilliant actor in everything he has ever done .

Has anyone seen the Elvis film with Austin Butler  ? Is it any good ? Me and the Good Lady are Elvis fans and settled down to watch it a while ago but turned it off after 40 minutes . Just couldn't get into it . Think it was how it was filmed .  Just wondering if it was worth another try . 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Has anyone seen the Elvis film with Austin Butler  ? Is it any good ? Me and the Good Lady are Elvis fans and settled down to watch it a while ago but turned it off after 40 minutes . Just couldn't get into it . Think it was how it was filmed .  Just wondering if it was worth another try . 

Me and my son watched it at the cinema and loved it, Butler is great in the role, the first part is a bit frenetic as it tries to cram a lot of his early life into a short timespan, have some tissues ready at the end.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Poor 4/10 tops.

Even Tom Hanks couldn't save it.

Got everything, the music, the cars, the Fashions, but for me and HTSBO it just didn't work.

Reminded me of the glut of  'Kray twin' films that came out,  been done before and done better.

Keep safe out there 8)