Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Mr Brooks, played by Kevin Costner.

Mr Brooks is a happy married successful businessman who has a dark secret, he is a serial killer who is addicted to killing people. 

I thought the film was brilliant and so was Kevin Costner.

9/10

Very underrated film this, watched it years ago and really enjoyed it.

On 14/03/2024 at 11:26, PRESLEY said:

Last night watched, Spring and Port Wine. Brilliant. 10/10

Me too. Excellent film made in the 70s. Historically it's almost a time capsule of Northern working class life. 

Hard to believe times have changed so much in a relatively brief period.

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

Me too. Excellent film made in the 70s. Historically it's almost a time capsule of Northern working class life. 

Hard to believe times have changed so much in a relatively brief period.

Certainly brought memories back for me, one time when  my dad came home from work my brother was smoking a crafty cig in our bedroom, when he heard the door he knew who it was so he chucked his cig out of the window,  landing on to and setting fire to next doors net curtains, My God! He didn't get any spending money for a month. :hihi:

22 hours ago, Top4719 said:

Very underrated film this, watched it years ago and really enjoyed it.

I haven’t watched many films with Kevin Costner in them, so as an actor not sure how to judge him, but his performance as Mr Brook was unique and different to other serial killer movie’s I have watched. He was made for the part. Will be looking out for more films with him in it.

I agree this film is underrated.

38 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I haven’t watched many films with Kevin Costner in them, so as an actor not sure how to judge him, but his performance as Mr Brook was unique and different to other serial killer movie’s I have watched. He was made for the part. Will be looking out for more films with him in it.

I agree this film is underrated.

Some other great Costner films to look out for are:

The Untouchables

No Way Out

JFK

Open Range

Let Him Go

On 16/03/2024 at 23:52, echo beach said:

Ferrari, a biopic about a part of Enzo’s life.

Informative but a bit slow at times which says something about a film which leads up to the last Mille Miglia (One thousand miles) Race in 1957 in which one of his cars suffered a burst tyre and crashed killing both the driver and his navigator plus nine spectators including five children and injuring twenty more.

I was hoping it would be a bit like Rush the film which captured the intense competitiveness between James Hunt and Niki Lauda but sad to say it wasn’t anything like as entertaining.

5/10.

echo.

I enjoyed this, I'd score it more at a 7/10.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Thank you don’t think I have seen these films. 

The Untouchables is one of my all time favourites, it's the story of FBI man Elliott Ness trying to arrest Al Capone, Sean Connery and Robert De Niro are superb in it.

Just now, Top4719 said:

The Untouchables is one of my all time favourites, it's the story of FBI man Elliott Ness trying to arrest Al Capone, Sean Connery and Robert De Niro are superb in it.

Some good actors in it along side Kevin Costner.  Will definitely look out for it. 

1 hour ago, Top4719 said:

Saw something last night . They wanted De Niro for Capone but De Niro being De Niro he wouldn’t commit.  So they brought in Bob Hoskins to screen test for Capone . Finally De Niro committed to the part so Hoskins was out . A few weeks later Hoskins got a cheque for 200,000  for his time .