Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

The Great Escape . 60 years old and still brilliant . I was even willing Steve McQueen to get over the second fence 😀 How many modern films with all the fancy camera work and special effects would pass the test of time . Not giving it a score because there's no need to . 

31 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Ben Hur. They don’t make ‘em like that any more. Epic. 9/10.

echo.

They certainly don't Echo.

When Messala falls from his Chariot during the Chariot race, he's wearing a Rolex watch..

Poor Things . Starring Oscar winner Emma Stone . Hard to describe , almost like an adult fairytale , with a touch of Frankenstein and loads of sex . Very well acted . Not my usual cup of tea  and never thought I would enjoy it but I did . 7/10 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 20:06, hackey lad said:

Poor Things . Starring Oscar winner Emma Stone . Hard to describe , almost like an adult fairytale , with a touch of Frankenstein and loads of sex . Very well acted . Not my usual cup of tea  and never thought I would enjoy it but I did . 7/10 

I enjoyed it too,thought the dance scene was hilarious.

On 31/03/2024 at 21:44, Padders said:

They certainly don't Echo.

When Messala falls from his Chariot during the Chariot race, he's wearing a Rolex watch..

Whats Messala's first name,   is it Tikka by any chance.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

Nipped down to see the new Ghostbuster flick at Cineworld. Thoroughly good fun with most of the gang back.

Of the 3 new additions, Emily Lind and Kumail Nanjiani work, James Acaster doesn't. He's annoying. Was hoping he was the deposable character that gets killed off. Not that lucky.
Paul Rudd is as charismatic as ever and the younger actors all put in further mature performances.
Alas, no after-credits scene and there's no Sigourney Weaver ☹️. That's the only downside.
'Bustin' makes you feel good....

Happy to give it a 7. Loses marks for Acaster and the noticeable lack of Sig. 

Un25Lgj.png

6 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Nipped down to see the new Ghostbuster flick at Cineworld. Thoroughly good fun with most of the gang back.

Of the 3 new additions, Emily Lind and Kumail Nanjiani work, James Acaster doesn't. He's annoying. Was hoping he was the deposable character that gets killed off. Not that lucky.
Paul Rudd is as charismatic as ever and the younger actors all put in further mature performances.
Alas, no after-credits scene and there's no Sigourney Weaver ☹️. That's the only downside.
'Bustin' makes you feel good....

Happy to give it a 7. Loses marks for Acaster and the noticeable lack of Sig. 

Un25Lgj.png

Did you know Sigourney Weavers real name is Susan ?