Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

On 26/03/2024 at 23:44, hackey lad said:

Damsel . If you like heroes, fire breathing dragons and evil queens , you may like this . Me 4/10 , the Good Lady 7/10 . 

I’ll give this film the same marks as your good lady.

7/10 

'Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel'.  Download it a while ago from BBC I-Player. 

Sci-fi comedy starring Chris O'Dowd, the Irish guy from the IT Crowd. 

Quirky film about an alien sent to kill & wipe out humanity but with the twist of time travel so the main characters get to re-live the same few hours, mainly based their local pub, a number of times over the same few hours with different outcomes.  They even get to meet themselves at one stage. 

Funnier than it sounds & a very original plot.  7.5/10.

• Like 1

Reptile   7/10

The always watchable Benito Del Toro plays a hard nosed detective- who can't let go of an investigation,despite the other investigating team seeing the case "closed".

Corruption 

Betrayal 

Greed

Yep, all here and done out well.

First Man

The film is about Neil Armstrong the first man to walk on the Moon. It starts when Neil is grieving the death of his 2 year old daughter who died of a brain tumour. 

It makes me wonder how they managed to put a man on the Moon with the technology that was available in those days. There was some brave men who worked on the space 

program.

9/10

On 15/04/2024 at 21:17, Baron99 said:

'Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel'.  Download it a while ago from BBC I-Player. 

Sci-fi comedy starring Chris O'Dowd, the Irish guy from the IT Crowd. 

Quirky film about an alien sent to kill & wipe out humanity but with the twist of time travel so the main characters get to re-live the same few hours, mainly based their local pub, a number of times over the same few hours with different outcomes.  They even get to meet themselves at one stage. 

Funnier than it sounds & a very original plot.  7.5/10.

Yes, it's a very silly fun film in a way that only the English can be. You can understand the 'Shaun Of The Dead' comparisons, with it being pub-centric.

While I've a sneaking suspicion that the male actors just played themselves 😀, Anna Faris was my favourite character. Enigmatic yet slightly ditzy.

I'd certainly go and see a film about a ninja yodeller.

(...and it's full of knowing sci-fi lines like "Ray, I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth..." or "Get away from her you bitch!")

8/10. Misses a few marks because there wasn't enough shots of the giant ants or Anna Faris' legs.

Enjoyed watching it again. Thanks for the reminder.

On 21/04/2024 at 09:24, hauxwell said:

First Man

The film is about Neil Armstrong the first man to walk on the Moon. It starts when Neil is grieving the death of his 2 year old daughter who died of a brain tumour. 

It makes me wonder how they managed to put a man on the Moon with the technology that was available in those days. There was some brave men who worked on the space 

program.

9/10

Great film this, the sound design is excellent.

'Lisa Frankenstien'.  7/10

High school girl accidentally reanimates the corpse of a spurned Victorian romantic. 

Funny, soppy, knowing, sick.

Kathryn Newton steals every scene.

Also, an excellent breathy female cover of REO Speedwagon's 'I Can't Fight This Feeling Any More' by JoJo & Isabella Summers. Worth tracking down on youtube.

spacer.png