Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

End Of Watch -7.5/10 - Gritty documentary style police thriller, well worth a look.

Agree - good film.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 17:45 ----------

The Raid 2 - excellent martial arts film, but only if you like hardcore martial arts (Malaysian Silat)

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 17:52 ----------

Oh and I finally saw the film version of "The Woman in Black" with the Harry Potter actor.

If you can find the original Channel 4 TV film from the late 80's or early 90's, then that (from memory) is far superior, especially the "tin soldier" scence.

Edited by Grappler

Agree - good film.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 17:45 ----------

The Raid 2 - excellent martial arts film, but only if you like hardcore martial arts (Malaysian Silat)

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 17:52 ----------

Oh and I finally saw the film version of "The Woman in Black" with the Harry Potter actor.

If you can find the original Channel 4 TV film from the late 80's or early 90's, then that (from memory) is far superior, especially the "tin soldier" scence.

Have you gotten out of the wrong side of the bed today mate :)

I enjoyed The Raid and am looking forward to The Raid 2.

Grand Budapest Hotel. 3/10. Star-studded and beautifully shot, but fails utterly to engage.

Really? One of my surprises of the year for me, really enjoyed it.

What we did on our holiday 7/10- surprisingly good, some really funny bits. a feel good british film.

Dolphin Tale 2. My Avatar is Winter the Dolphin! I loved Dolphin Tale 1, so couldn't wait for Dolphin Tale 2. For those who haven't see the first film, the story of Winter the dolphin with no tail is true. Also true is the fact that while they were having the wrap party after finishing the first film, an emergency call came in about a stranded baby dolphin (Hope). So, there was the story frame for the next film! Dolphin Tale 2 doesn't disappoint. Heartwarming, sensitive & with good performances from all the actors. The animals steal the show, especially the love sick Pelican (who has a crush on Mavis the turtle!). Great family film. I give it 10/10 but then I am biased. ps The Clearwater Marine Aquarium are currently nursing a young Atlantic Spotted Nosed Dolphin stranded on 4th July. Did someone say Dolphin Tale 3 :D

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/wildlife/malnourished-baby-dolphin-being-nursed-at-clearwater-aquarium/2187501

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 5/10 - Still can't see why these films were made when Raimi's trilogy was good enough, this is worse than the weakest of the first three films (3) with far too much CGI.

Alien - 9.5/10 - Sci-fi/horror classic. Disturbing, intense, magnificent.

Anchorman 2: The legend continues. Very funny in places but didn't need to be nearly 2 hours long. Some of it daft and the news team fight scene wasn't as good either. 6.5/10

I thought the first one was awful and cannot see why it got so highly rated.