Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Paranormal activity, 5 I think. The latest one anyway. Seemed to be more down to your standard demonic possession than your standard scary version of Where's Wally. A couple of good scares and one or two proper laugh out loud moments all done with a Hispanic flavour this time. Not the best of the franchise but I liked it. 7/10

Downturn in the weather has kept me cooped up in the cinema and at home so I saw three films yesterday.

Horns - 7.5/10. I can see people giving this 5 or 6 but it just hit my buttons. Really funny and plenty of twists.

The Taking of Deborah Logan - 8/10. Creepy horror with a few jumpy bits. Some of it is found footage but I have to say it's one of the best I've seen for a long time. Magnificent performance from the lead.

Kon-Tiki - 9/10. I loved this. Some of the best CGI that I've ever seen and a fantastic true story.

Interstellar - I feel this is a 9/10 film but I'm going to have to give it 7/10 simply because my brain melted somewhere towards the end and I left the cinema thinking "What the hell just happened??". It's going to take a little time to process.

The sound in the IMAX screening was so thick you could chew it. There was one particular scene where everyone in the audience physically felt what happened on screen.