Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Aliens - 9/10 - Not seen it for years but it's still a classic, one of the best action films of all time.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 6/10 - It looks beautiful, its well acted and funny in places but not really my thing.

The Yakuza - 6/10 - Regarded as a bit of a "lost" 70's classic, Robert Mitchum is great in the lead role but its a bit too ponderous at times.

Aliens - 9/10 - Not seen it for years but it's still a classic, one of the best action films of all time.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 6/10 - It looks beautiful, its well acted and funny in places but not really my thing.

The Yakuza - 6/10 - Regarded as a bit of a "lost" 70's classic, Robert Mitchum is great in the lead role but its a bit too ponderous at times.

Talking of great movies from the past,I pulled out one of my favourites last night i.e. The Motorcycle Diaries. It is all about Che Guevarra and a friend taking this old Norton from Argentina to Venezuela up the West coast of South America. What he sees on the trip steers his career as a doctor to the revolutionary we all know of. It is in Spanish with sub titles, but don't let that put you off. 9/10.

Edited by TORONTONY
grammar error

A Most Wanted Man.

Once again a John le Carre novel is adapted into an intense and intelligent thriller. Philip Seymour Hoffman in his last leading role before his death puts in a typically smart, subtle, and steadily absorbing performance.