Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Jeffrey Shaw

Bloomkamp's return to form, doing what he does best with similar visual and scenario tones to [i]District 9[/i] and, after the disaster that was Elysium, as clear a sign as any that he still needs to spend some more years doing amazing work out of postage stamp 'indie' budgets, before he can graduate to Hollywood budgets.

Keeping up with the theme, though...not a patch on Ex Machina (alright, very different take and approach on the old A.I./self-awareness theme, so perhaps not readily comparable).

One of my all time favourites.:thumbsup:

8/10

Extraction

Oh dear. Bruce Willis must have had an unexpected bill or two to pay.

Eminently forgettable low budget actioner: CIA dad gets kidnapped and his CIA brat and the brat's CIA old flame go free him, with a predictable plot twist or two.

Kellan Lutz is the brat and the new action movie try-out, but he clearly still has a lot of work ahead of him to rival Timothy Olyphant (whom he seems to be cast as the "cheaper alternative" to, as he really does looks just like a younger Olyphant).

Gina Carano provides the all-action female love interest, but she's really wasted in this, and borderline too old for Lutz. She was never better than in her first main vehicle, Haywire. Where did it go wrong for her.

Anyhow. Don't bother. 3/10, and I'm being generous here. You'd swear this was made-for-TV, it's that bad.

The Killing Fields - 7.5/10 - Excellent telling of the story of an American journalist caught up in 70's Cambodia as the Khmer Rouge move in, very underrated but loses half a point for Mike Oldfields dreadful score.

Reservoir Dogs - 8/10 - The one that set the ball rolling for the excellent Tarantino, low budget but very effective.

The Wrecking Crew, amazing documentary from Netflix about a pool of session musicians, who played on just about every US pop hit in the 1960's. Some of them were making more money than the "stars" they were backing, as they sometimes played for 3 or 4 of them in any given week.. One of them Hal Blaine, who is considered by many music pros to be one of the greatest drummers ever, was making 5000$ per week in the mid 60's, that was serious money in those days. 9/10

Creed-8.5/10 Really enjoyed this movie, Sly was great in it, basically a re-hash of the first movie but very well done..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quite looking forward to that one, loved the first three Rockys.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - 6.5/10 - Didnt enjoy this one as much as Ghost Protocol but its still a good nights entertainment.