Has anyone managed to cut out refined sugar from their diet?

You don't eat carbs, bread or sugar- what do you eat?

I started to eat vegetables. (Yes, some do have carbohydrates. But not pure carb like pasta, rice, or flour-based products.) I do eat some root vegetables which have complex carb. I try to avoid potatoes.

I have removed granulated sugar from my diet. I tried to switch to sweetener but I have now removed this also. I switched to honey for a short while, but now also omitted this and gone for agave nectar. I only use it if I really want sweet things.

I eat chicken breasts. Cooked in a lean way. Use less or little to no sauce as marinade. I do use a little butter. I stopped using processed fat. A typical meal is now lean meat and mixed veg.

At the moment, I have tried to introduce fruits in terms of a drink but it cannot be too sweet. I have not figured it out yet. I bought some lime juice previously which worked really well for me to balance the acidity in my diet.

I think I should eat a lot more vegetables and lesser meat as well. I don't think I have my ratios correct. Soups are actually very good for me. I've started to make meat stock, removed fat, and then add vegetables in them and blitz. This is more nutritious overall.

I started to eat vegetables. (Yes, some do have carbohydrates. But not pure carb like pasta, rice, or flour-based products.) I do eat some root vegetables which have complex carb. I try to avoid potatoes.

I have removed granulated sugar from my diet. I tried to switch to sweetener but I have now removed this also. I switched to honey for a short while, but now also omitted this and gone for agave nectar. I only use it if I really want sweet things.

I eat chicken breasts. Cooked in a lean way. Use less or little to no sauce as marinade. I do use a little butter. I stopped using processed fat. A typical meal is now lean meat and mixed veg.

At the moment, I have tried to introduce fruits in terms of a drink but it cannot be too sweet. I have not figured it out yet. I bought some lime juice previously which worked really well for me to balance the acidity in my diet.

I think I should eat a lot more vegetables and lesser meat as well. I don't think I have my ratios correct. Soups are actually very good for me. I've started to make meat stock, removed fat, and then add vegetables in them and blitz. This is more nutritious overall.

And how's it working out for you- are you healthy, good energy, at your ideal weight?

And how's it working out for you- are you healthy, good energy, at your ideal weight?

My sugar level has stabilised. I don't have this rush and craving any more. I know I was also eating too much junk too. I also feel less bloated as well. I was eating a little bit more meat before, but I felt that was unsettling in my stomach. I also removed milk too from my diet.

Health-wise - Getting there. I am also using my skin as a check on my hydration level and antioxidant level too.

Energy level - Good, but doesn't have that euphoric feeling, which is where I want to get to. I only feel this level if I do my dance classes. Which I have stopped for a while. I'm looking for an exercise replacement.

Ideal weight - Lost some weight, and can start to see my own shape changed. I am getting tougher now in terms of using exact ratio of meat, and veg. That is next. I have steadied my weight level which I am happy about. I had to do research on this, and am going to try and research on the body fat level as well, which I never used to do. At the moment, I am trying to "eat clean". Which is helping a lot.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/katherine-wilburn-body-transformation.html

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/kassandre-harper-cotton-body-transformation.html

I do remember when I was much younger, I truly did not eat a lot, which was actually appropiate for me. When I started to work, and moved around, I ate so much more than I need, which I know in hindsight. I also realised that an "atkins" diet is actually not good for me. Cos it does bloat you. Especially if you do not exercise as much either.

I need some suggestions on how to increase my calorie and protein intake without eating things that are bad for me like sugar. I don't like fruit, so that excludes a lot of things which are good for me :(

I do however, like vegetables, and smoothies. I like nuts, except for peanuts.

I need some ideas of protein-rich foods and things to snack on during the day. Sometimes I end up resorting to eating chocolate for some energy, but I know this isn't good for me :(

I don't want to lose weight, my BMI is only around 19/20 as it is. I've recently started exercising more each day (I already did a moderate amount), and will be burning an extra 500 calories a day.:help:

I need some suggestions on how to increase my calorie and protein intake without eating things that are bad for me like sugar. I don't like fruit, so that excludes a lot of things which are good for me :(

I need some ideas of protein-rich foods and things to snack on during the day. Sometimes I end up resorting to eating chocolate for some energy, but I know this isn't good for me :(

I don't want to lose weight, my BMI is only around 19/20 as it is. I've recently started exercising more each day (I already did a moderate amount), and will be burning an extra 500 calories a day.:help:

Eat more starchy snacks such as crispbread, bread and crackers. (Wholegrain and seeded varieties are best). Cheese is high protein and quite high fat as well, so that would be good. Drink whole fat milk.

If you're exercising significantly then there's nothing wrong with having a bit of sugary food along with the rest of a meal.

It shouldn't be a struggle though, if you are burning more energy from exercise then you will feel hungry and will want to eat. Just keep the healthish snacks close to hand. Cereal bars, nuts, fruit bars (I like the naked fruit bars, they're pretty tasty), etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Controlled diet and exercises allowed these ladies to achieve their own aims.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obesity-experts-say-high-fat-low-carb-ketogenic-diet-fuels-rapid-weight-loss

http://www.examiner.com/article/woman-loses-88-lbs-on-high-fat-keto-paleo-diet-becomes-reddit-sensation

It is interesting because it states that in the US, because people believed in "removing fat", it caused the reversal affect of overeating the wrong things which increases weight gain.

For me, I always knew that too much carbohydrate is not good for me, and I love dancing. I still couldn't get it exactly right because I do not focus on it daily.

http://www.drchasewebber.com/diet-nutrition/lchf-diet/step1-eataccordingtoyourgeneticbodytype

Apparently my ratios should be around 40g of protein per day. I eat more than this alone. Also, my cardio was dancing, but it may not be as intense enough probably. I am considering either a soup-based diet or more of a vegetarian diet now. Apparently fat is good for me. Maybe I can increase the fish instead.

I now realised where the sluggishness comes from. It is when my metabolism is low.

• Vaati locked this topic

Archived