Family tree-Walkley

mabel2

• 4 weeks later...

Here I am again still trying to trace the Carl family. Thank you to those who have helped. Tried to find as Lobster said the Cahill/Cohill family on the 1861 and 1871 census but couldn't. I may be doing something wrong but if you find it again can you tell me who else is living in the household in Chesterfield and the address 1861 census and the Townhead Street Sheffield 1871 census

... can you tell me who else is living in the household in Chesterfield and the address 1861 census and the Townhead Street Sheffield 1871 census
1861 at Froggatts Yard, Chesterfield - James Cahill, 30 and Ann, 23, both born Ireland, children Mary, 7, Patrick, 5, John, 2, Margaret, 1 month. Also boarders Anne & Mary Flaherty.

1871 in Townhead Street, Sheffield James Cahill, 49 and Ann, 36, both born Ireland, Children Mary, 16, Patrick, 15, John, 13, Catherine, 9, Ann, 6, James, 4, Joseph, 4 months.

• 2 years later...

Mabel2

I have just discovered your post requesting help with the Cahill/ Carl family, Margaret Carl was my Great Grandmother she was born in Chesterfield in 1861 when the family lived in Froggatt's Yard off Low Pavement.

She married Bernard McDonough in 1882.

The family that they had resulted in my Grandmother.

I know it's a long shot but if you do see this post and I can help you in anyway feel free to contact me

Ph

Dear gasman,

Margaret's father was a James Cahill who is my 2 x great grandad. We know he was born in 1836 in Limerick, Ireland and that his eldest child Mary was born in Warrington, Cheshire in 1859. We have no record of him coming to England or getting married to his wife who we think was Ann Mannion. Can you fill in this gap at all. Thank you. Mabel 2