Lying cop caught on camera.

He has an ear piece in, and they get briefed on people they expect there so it will be no surprise that he knows his name and vehicle. What is interesting is he does not know him at first in the vid clip so I assume they are being updated all the time from a control center, hence the ear piece.

He does not know if he was in a car at all, he asks him if he drove, then just goes on to mention his vehicle type. The man denies driving, the police officer does not offer any evidence that he knew he was driving.

You see, you're speculating to the same degree the copper might have been. The fact remains we don't know on what facts he based his suspicion on, but given that he claimed to have that suspicion, justified his right to ask for the breath sample, frankly I dont like it anymore than you do but that's how things stand.

This is what I said.

"I think the taxi driver was malicious in this instance."

"I would not report the woman if I was in the position of the taxi driver as it was not my job to do so as a taxi driver at all."

To be honest, I have never thought about the consequences of these inaction, I only care about the actions and the consequences of my own actions. I cannot judge and decide whether other people's actions are always just, and I do doubt if their actions are always justified and I don't try to really figure all this out either. Not always. Although I am judging the taxi driver in this instance, yes.

His consequence is and could be also that, the woman may not hit anyone, but she is now a holder of a criminal record. Which will affect her financial lending, and it will also affect her future too when she applies to certain companies or corporation to work. Do you think that the taxi driver thought about this before he went ahead and reported her ? Even if in that moment, it is quite just and it is right. His action can also close future doors for her too.

I do not know about what the vast majority of people will or won't do. I never found this vast group of people. I do not know who they are.

I have never been in the presence of heavy drinkers and see them drive home. I have been out with most people who do take taxis, or take public transport home. It has never occurred to me to check and to see if this was necessary. The only time that I have ever needed to be vigilant was during my uni days, and I always tell my friends off, but then again, most of them did not own their own cars at the time either. So it has never been a problem for me to be honest. If I stop a friend from driving home especially if they are really drunk, I think more about THEIR own safety and not the scary possibility that they will kill someone else. BUT in saying this, it does not mean that I want my friend to kill anybody. So I hope you don't read between the lines too much there either.

You also said "I may mourn as well. But I wouldn't wanted someone to stop anyone that way."

You're now saying the woman's future lending prospects are more important than the fact she drove drunk. You seem to think that because she didn't hit anyone there's no problem. So had she not been prosecuted she'd have driven drunk again. She may still do. There's only so many times someone can drive drunk before there is a crash or someone is hit. I'm really perplexed as to how you can't see this and your priorities in general.

You don't like to judge but now you judge a taxi driver for doing his civic duty, like most citizens and reporting a dangerous driver. Not one that's had a couple, but a drunk.

I can assure you most would report a drunk driver. People won't 'tell on', as you put it, someone parking on double yellows or having a scrap perhaps but driving a car is seen as too dangerous to turn a blind eye to. Has anyone else on here agreed with you on this?

You also said "I may mourn as well. But I wouldn't wanted someone to stop anyone that way."

As I said, if I was the taxi driver, would I ruin the girl's future by reporting her for drink driving ? Possibly no. Cos the judgement is in my hands as to how drunk I think she is. To be honest, I do not want that decision to be on me to make. Cos how can I tell if I was right in my assessment or not ? Most people I have seen plastered and walk around on their own drunk in town is not even likely to make it to their own cars. Never mind driving all the way home. I've seen some stupid sights in this city for sure. Some people cannot even put their own shoes on. But would I stalk them and report them if they do find their own cars and then drive home ? The answer is no. I don't do that.

Maybe you do not understand my moral angle there, but to be honest, I did not expect you to do so either. It is so simple. I do not want to do what the taxi driver did. That's it. Nothing more or less.

You're now saying the woman's future lending prospects are more important than the fact she drove drunk. You seem to think that because she didn't hit anyone there's no problem. So had she not been prosecuted she'd have driven drunk again. She may still do. There's only so many times someone can drive drunk before there is a crash or someone is hit. I'm really perplexed as to how you can't see this and your priorities in general.

What I was highlighting was that, we do not know if she will or won't hit someone. You assumed that she will. Therefore it is justified what the taxi driver did. But we don't know. He is doing it, according to you, in case it is a risk to her. Yet, if her sentencing comes through, then it is likely that she will have a criminal record. Do I want to be the kind of person who report someone else so that they get a criminal record on a crime which may or may not happen ? Erm, the answer is NO. Because the possibility of her being convicted is quite high compared to the possibility of her hitting someone whilst driving home. Cos we cannot judge whether her ability will or won't, and how alcohol will affect her body.

To be honest with you, it is not something I think about and walk around each day thinking who I am going to report for drink driving. :roll:

You don't like to judge but now you judge a taxi driver for doing his civic duty, like most citizens and reporting a dangerous driver. Not one that's had a couple, but a drunk.

I can assure you most would report a drunk driver. People won't 'tell on', as you put it, someone parking on double yellows or having a scrap perhaps but driving a car is seen as too dangerous to turn a blind eye to. Has anyone else on here agreed with you on this?

Civic duty ? It has never even occurred to me that is how people see that actual action. Cos to me, most people should care about themselves and handle their own affairs first and foremost as the priority in their own life, than to meddle with someone else's life as secondary. Cos you can never know and tell what the whole scenario is like and what is likely to be happening, and for you to be the judge and jury is quite, biased in a way. To be honest, there is something about that specific situation that does not sit well with me. That is all. I do not feel that I need to justify it at all I just found it shocking. Maybe you seem to think that most people will report this kind of situation, but what if there are people who don't ? What are you going to do ? For me, I learn to accept that people are different. That's it.

By the way, you do not even know how drunk this woman was. You assumed that she was absolutely legless. But what if she was not ? We are guessing here now. So... If I saw a driver on the motorway steering and veering here and there, I would report that. But in this situation, I was not there, and I do not know how drunk and cannot assess how badly it was either. So we are still speculating somewhat.

As I said, if I was the taxi driver, would I ruin the girl's future by reporting her for drink driving ? Possibly no. Cos the judgement is in my hands as to how drunk I think she is. To be honest, I do not want that decision to be on me to make. Cos how can I tell if I was right in my assessment or not ? Most people I have seen plastered and walk around on their own drunk in town is not even likely to make it to their own cars. Never mind driving all the way home. I've seen some stupid sights in this city for sure. Some people cannot even put their own shoes on. But would I stalk them and report them if they do find their own cars and then drive home ? The answer is no. I don't do that.

Maybe you do not understand my moral angle there, but to be honest, I did not expect you to do so either. It is so simple. I do not want to do what the taxi driver did. That's it. Nothing more or less.

The girl's future wouldn't be ruined, she'd receive a just punishment that might stop her committing a deadly act again. You don't want the decision to be on you? Any harm that comes to anyone after she has driven off, including the drunk herself is because of you if you don't report.

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 18:41 ----------

What I was highlighting was that, we do not know if she will or won't hit someone. You assumed that she will. Therefore it is justified what the taxi driver did. But we don't know. He is doing it, according to you, in case it is a risk to her. Yet, if her sentencing comes through, then it is likely that she will have a criminal record. Do I want to be the kind of person who report someone else so that they get a criminal record on a crime which may or may not happen ? Erm, the answer is NO. Because the possibility of her being convicted is quite high compared to the possibility of her hitting someone whilst driving home. Cos we cannot judge whether her ability will or won't, and how alcohol will affect her body.

To be honest with you, it is not something I think about and walk around each day thinking who I am going to report for drink driving. :roll:

She may not hit someone so that's alright then. Why not let kids play with power tools? They'll probably be alright. Why not let someone with no driving licence drive? They'll get by. Why not ride a bike at night in fog with no lights on? You'll probably not be hit.

You don't seem to think about much at all.

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 18:46 ----------

Civic duty ? It has never even occurred to me that is how people see that actual action. Cos to me, most people should care about themselves and handle their own affairs first and foremost as the priority in their own life, than to meddle with someone else's life as secondary. Cos you can never know and tell what the whole scenario is like and what is likely to be happening, and for you to be the judge and jury is quite, biased in a way. To be honest, there is something about that specific situation that does not sit well with me. That is all. I do not feel that I need to justify it at all I just found it shocking. Maybe you seem to think that most people will report this kind of situation, but what if there are people who don't ? What are you going to do ? For me, I learn to accept that people are different. That's it.

By the way, you do not even know how drunk this woman was. You assumed that she was absolutely legless. But what if she was not ? We are guessing here now. So... If I saw a driver on the motorway steering and veering here and there, I would report that. But in this situation, I was not there, and I do not know how drunk and cannot assess how badly it was either. So we are still speculating somewhat.

Clearly it has never occurred to you. Why not look up civic duty and see what it means.

There are people all over the world who haven't reported drink driving and will regret it for the rest of their lives because someone was killed by that drink driver. Do you play the mental chess game of possibilities?

In life we have to speculate. Let me make it dead simple. Drunk person gets in car and drives. They are not in control of a 1 ton machine at 30mph? Faster? What could go wrong? Well they could kill or maim someone, or themselves or just have a crash. What do you do? Refuse to meddle? No, you report it FFS. I don't think you'll find anyone supporting your bizarre way of thinking on here.

The girl's future wouldn't be ruined, she'd receive a just punishment that might stop her committing a deadly act again. You don't want the decision to be on you? Any harm that comes to anyone after she has driven off, including the drunk herself is because of you if you don't report.

She may not hit someone so that's alright then. Why not let kids play with power tools? They'll probably be alright. Why not let someone with no driving licence drive? They'll get by. Why not ride a bike at night in fog with no lights on? You'll probably not be hit.

You don't seem to think about much at all.

The punishment may not necessarily be just a fine or a ban on the license. It can be imprisonment. Which will also have a knock on effect on the person.

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

Stop dramatising this. Kids will need to be supervised and why would power tools to be in their reach to begin with ??? Pff. Actually I think an awful lot, but it does not mean I have to express it always and wear it like a badge of honor and prove myself online like you do. :rolleyes:

Do you realise something ? Your attitude is exactly the same as the policeman in this scenario "I think you are a risk and therefore..." despite little facts or trust in the other person. Or even using your common sense. There is using the law to protect and there is using the law to harm. I let you decide which it is and how it happens.

Not always, I would use my judgement. Like my neighbour harrassing me on boundary issues. I could've reported her and then an ASBO would be issued, but I did not. I also have to make a judgment call too. Whereas some kid was so bold to steal my gates. I did report this to the police. I think with enough evidence, they were indeed caught in the end. As it was not just myself who was affected. It depends on the severity and the reasons and why something happened. In the case of the taxi driver, I would not at all. It has never crossed my mind to report a drunk person who drove off in their own car for drink driving. Seriously.

Let me ask you this question then. If this was in a workplace, and that your colleague was drunk, and he has to work a machinary, say a big digger, would you tell on him to your supervisor to stop him from working on that machine ?

Yes,without hesitation...

The punishment may not necessarily be just a fine or a ban on the license. It can be imprisonment. Which will also have a knock on effect on the person.

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

Stop dramatising this. Kids will need to be supervised and why would power tools to be in their reach to begin with ??? Pff. Actually I think an awful lot, but it does not mean I have to express it always and wear it like a badge of honor and prove myself online like you do. :rolleyes:

Do you realise something ? You attitude is exactly the same as the policeman in this scenario "I think you are a risk and therefore..." despite little facts or trust in the other person. There is using the law to protect and there is using the law to harm. I let you decide which it is and how it happens.

Dramatising? Why not look up the statistics for deaths caused by drink driving.

Why not set up a poll on here asking whether people would report a drink driver. See how many agree with you.

You fail to grasp anything, you're not supposed to query why a kid would play with tools and why they'd be in reach! You're supposed to be intelligent enough to work out the principle of not allowing people to do dangerous things they're not capable of.

A person who drives a car drunk deserves to be punished. They are only likely to end up in prison if they hit someone. Either way the person has to be stopped. Any sensible person would class that person as a risk. You don't just trust someone to drive safely under the influence.

You mentioned karma before, if that existed and you ignored a drink driver what do you think karma would bring to you?

Badge of honour? I'm just a normal person who'd report a drunk driving off. I've never met anyone or seen anyone on this forum other than you saying you'd ignore it. Your grounds are the ridiculous "I can't judge someone".

You're tag line is see, hear and speak no evil. I'm gobsmacked you take it so literally. I've been surprised by some posts on this forum but they all seem normal compared to this. I've never read such rubbish in my life. I'd dismiss you as a wind up merchant or troll but it seems you are actually for real.

Dramatising? Why not look up the statistics for deaths caused by drink driving.

Why not set up a poll on here asking whether people would report a drink driver. See how many agree with you.

I do not want to. Though I think you want this done more than I do !

You fail to grasp anything, you're not supposed to query why a kid would play with tools and why they'd be in reach! You're supposed to be intelligent enough to work out the principle of not allowing people to do dangerous things they're not capable of.

I failed to grasp anything? How about I do not necessarily agree with you in some areas, but it seems that you have a major goat about it just because I do not.

As to the child's situation. Yes, IF I was a parent, I would have my hormones all over the place and I would expect myself to be OCD over the safety aspect. But in the current situation, it is you and I, two people writing and bickering on the internet, and I am thinking to myself here "Why am I in this kind of bicker with this guy online? That is why I wrote out loud, as it is happening, "why are you even asking me such stupid questions?" Sorry to say this but it is absolutely stupid that you are really derailing from the original post now. A child's situation differs to that of an adult. End of. Don't even go there.

Also, as to the drink work thing, or the drink drive thing. Just because I am an adult does not mean that I need to get involved. Have you also ever thought about that the person need to also take responsibility of their own mistakes too ?

A person who drives a car drunk deserves to be punished. They are only likely to end up in prison if they hit someone. Either way the person has to be stopped. Any sensible person would class that person as a risk. You don't just trust someone to drive safely under the influence.

You mentioned karma before, if that existed and you ignored a drink driver what do you think karma would bring to you?

On the flip side, what do you think that the direct karma will bring you knowing that you "saved" possible people from being hit, but then the girl is now depressed cos her driving has actually gotten her a criminal record, and she cannot be employed, and that she has lost her house because of her job and she is now homeless ? Are you going to be the one to stick around to see what happens to her life afterwards? Do you just "assume" that she is likely to do so again because drinking is such a big thing in this country ?

Badge of honour? I'm just a normal person who'd report a drunk driving off. I've never met anyone or seen anyone on this forum other than you saying you'd ignore it. Your grounds are the ridiculous "I can't judge someone".

You're tag line is see, hear and speak no evil. I'm gobsmacked you take it so literally. I've been surprised by some posts on this forum but they all seem normal compared to this. I've never read such rubbish in my life. I'd dismiss you as a wind up merchant or troll but it seems you are actually for real.

I actually see a lot of people here as quite outrageous actually and this kind of "vigilante" kind of attitude is like they think that they are judge and jury. I am also gobsmacked that you don't take this kind of thing literally and when I mentioned that the taxi driver was malicious, and you blicked a blind eye on that. Or the fact that the policeman was way out of line, and you still supported him and written words to change the situation and claimed that he does not know what he is doing. He DID believe in what he is saying, which IS the worrying thing here. Cos in that scenario he was not policing, but he was actually bullying and abusing his own power which is the point of this thread to be honest. I find that controlling attitude and your supporting of that attitude quite sick to be honest. He is not even using his common sense. Maybe he has done this kind of thing for a long time and therefore just reeling stuff off the top of his head. Cos frankly, this video should be scrutinised on the policing process itself.

We are not born to be feared of the police. Nor is the police meant to be vigilantes themselves. They are here to do a JOB. He still has to apply his common sense.

You see, you're speculating to the same degree the copper might have been. The fact remains we don't know on what facts he based his suspicion on, but given that he claimed to have that suspicion, justified his right to ask for the breath sample, frankly I dont like it anymore than you do but that's how things stand.

We are speculating on what we see in the clip which is what I posted. You can clearly hear him picking at straws and trying a Jedi mind trick on the man, just repeating what he says over and over does not make his speculation about the drink or driving factual.

You can hear him speculate clearly and the man protests to it all but the officer just talks over him and does not give any credence to his replies. He offers no proof about him driving, he just states his car as being a certain model, information that he will have ascertained from his intelligence about the activists.

He does not state who if anyone has seen him in a vehicle and totally ignores the man who says he did not drive, so as to carry on with detaining him (and his camera) while the other officers go on with their arrests. His motivation is clear as to why he wanted him to blow into a bag.

Archived