Lying cop caught on camera.

The reason was he smelt alcohol on the mans breath. This is just cause for a request to provide a specimen.

Nice try?? What am I trying to do? I generally dislike the police, it is highly unusual for me to stick up for them. Are you saying that it is not possible to confuse the words "tea" and "two"?

You do know that Andrew Mitchell wasn't ever arrested don't you? So far from Plebgate being a "perfect example", it is an awful example!

Did Mitchells career a world of good though,a perfect example of police lying.

Both the guy and the police were arses.

Even if he failed the test, they had no proof of him driving anyway, so I don't get the point?

Public intoxication? Agreed. They were both arses.

Is it wrong that I laughed when the cop shoved the guy taping everything and the next camera angle is looking up from the ground? :hihi:

I didn't notice any lying, just police doing what police do. Law enforcement HATES it when you quote the law at them.

Both the guy and the police were arses.

Even if he failed the test, they had no proof of him driving anyway, so I don't get the point?

The officer said he saw him driving and said the make of car he got out of. You get the proof after you have arrested someone, you need only reasonable suspicions to arrest someone. That is why when you are arrested the copper says "blah blah blah.... I am arresting you for suspicion of..."

The officer said he saw him driving and said the make of car he got out of. You get the proof after you have arrested someone, you need only reasonable suspicions to arrest someone. That is why when you are arrested the copper says "blah blah blah.... I am arresting you for suspicion of..."

He states the guy admitted to having two drinks. That didn't happen !

It's fabricating evidence. I don't know how anyone could dispute that. :huh:

Because it is reasonable to believe that when the guy said

"I've had tea to drink",

That the copper thought he heard;

"I've had two to drink".

The copper knew he was being filmed so it would be pointless to lie. He smelt what he believed to be alcohol on the mans breath and did what he is paid to do.

What you don't seem to be getting is that the claim that the officer heard him say two drinks is NOT evidence. The only evidence required in this situation is the road side breathalyser. No court in the land will convict on the word of one person, copper or otherwise.

I must have missed that part. :confused:

But to prove the officer wrong, if he truly hadn't had anything to drink, why not do the breath test?

True enough I suppose. Though they would have to prove when he h a d the drink. Probably wouldn't be easy.

Archived