What laws in the UK do you feel are wrong on moral grounds?

Again bonzo thankyou for your opininions, you can disagree with me all you like. The only sentiment i can echo is its like talking to a brick wall.

Youre a user im a non user, theres our difference, we will never agree.

Get used to it, i have.

Its not that im blinkered, ive offered answers and youre the one thats been too set in your ways and blinkered yourself to see what ive said and consider it.

The potatoes and car insurance were examples of how if things were fair then we would benefit from drops in prices for goods and services, in reality we dont. Wasnt a rant as you say just held up as an example of what life is like in reality. Any cuts that may result from what you propose wouldnt benefit the majority, only the minority.

I like how you bullet point my posts and try to show me why im wrong in your opinion by the way, does kind of take things out of context sometimes. Is that in an effort to make me seem foolish? Just leave me to it if you think thats what i do.

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 10:49 ----------

And if addiction is an illness then its a self inflicted one.

You said you didnt think that alcoholics were allowed to claim extra money, i showed you that they could but you gave them a nice little "victim" box to sit in and justify it by saying they are suffering from an "illness", thats the problem these days. No one ever takes accountability for their own actions and comments like yours reinforce that and dont ultimately help them.

Victims they are not.

How can you say addicts aren't victims?

I can speak from experience. A good friend of mine lost his life through alcohol and drug abuse. He was an alcoholic by the time he had left school because he was systematically bullied and beaten. Are you trying to tell me that he asked for it?? Fair enough, alcohol isn't the answer, but it provided the much needed release from the pain.

Do you seriously think anyone who has to get up in the morning and drink spirits just to stop themselves from shaking wants to be in that position? They just woke up one day and thought, "I think I'll become an alcoholic today"??

These people are ill and they need help. Just because it's not a physical thing like a broken arm or leg, doesn't mean that it doesn't need fixing!

I think we've reached the real reason of why you don't want to look at alternatives to prohibition. It's because you're looking at it from a personal moral stance. You're more concerned with how it effects your feelings, not how it will actually effect the individual involved or the rest of society as a whole!

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 12:01 ----------

Youre a user im a non user, theres our difference, we will never agree.

I'm not a user when it comes to heroin. I've used just about everything else once or twice but when it comes to drugs, it's alcohol mainly, with the occasional smoke.

The occasional smoke?

An understatement or do you not mean cannabis?

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 16:51 ----------

We all have crap to deal with in our lives, its the way we deal with it that sets us apart.

I'm sorry about your friend.

Any comments i made would be in bad taste so thats me done with this.

I stand by all ive said and wish you all the best.

You might as well stick your fingers in your ears and just chant "la la la la".

You've ignored all the evidence, ignored the logic and the reason and continue to repeat the same clearly mistaken opinions. Fortunately people like you are in a minority and that minority is getting smaller.

The occasional smoke?

An understatement or do you not mean cannabis?

Both.

We all have crap to deal with in our lives, its the way we deal with it that sets us apart.

I'm sorry about your friend.

Any comments i made would be in bad taste so thats me done with this.

I stand by all ive said and wish you all the best.

You've been done for a long time.

You completely missed my point. Laws are made by the rich to suit their needs (get richer) in any case.

I have little doubt you are correct.

Look at the laws and rules etc that apply to and even stop you using alternative medicines. Who did all the lobbying to get those laws passed. Could it have been the big Pharma's?

Who made it illegal in some instances to tell the truth?

What drives politicians to make laws the people don't want? Who did want them? and why do politicians give them what they want?

It wouldn't be corruption or obeying their alleged hidden masters, not in the UK. Surely not.

I have little doubt you are correct.

Look at the laws and rules etc that apply to and even stop you using alternative medicines. Who did all the lobbying to get those laws passed. Could it have been the big Pharma's?

Who made it illegal in some instances to tell the truth?

What drives politicians to make laws the people don't want? Who did want them? and why do politicians give them what they want?

It wouldn't be corruption or obeying their alleged hidden masters, not in the UK. Surely not.

What law makes alternative medicine illegal? Or to tell the truth illegal?

Human rights act when it applies more to the perp of the crime than the actual victim.

All immigration laws, only in this country can you get benefits galore and never have to work

You know a large chunk of the European Human Rights law has been, in effect, copied out of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant British Law, don't you?

Archived