Car accident query

if you have an accident and the oppoosition states they are happy to go private for the damage to the car but want to make a whiplash claim does it have to go through the insurer?

Many Thanks

If they don't go through the insurers then who will pay any compensation for "whiplash"?

if you have an accident and the oppoosition states they are happy to go private for the damage to the car but want to make a whiplash claim does it have to go through the insurer?

Many Thanks

does that mean my premiums will go sky high?

Also it was nominal damage does that go into consideration when you buy car insurance again or is it just seen as another accident regardless of cost of damage?

thanks

Do they actually have whiplash or are they trying it on?

Whether you go private or not you still have to inform your insurers of the accident.

jb

they are clearly trying it on but it will work as an ambulance came and took them on a stretcher.the person had just had spinal surgery therefore I am sure they will be bale to make a claim.

The hit to the car was at 1 -3 mile per hour does that make a difference?

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 13:50 ----------

will my premiums go sky high?

Is this thread a wind-up? An accident thread, after these recent car maintenance threads?

How much for spark plugs and oil/filter for Nissan Micra?

AA called out twice £100 bill unfair

Urgent spare car tyre needed by 8 in morning

By the look of things, you'd better stick to public transport: whatever the instructor/driving school said, you're not ready to own and operate a car.

EDIT - point in case:

car nissan micra 52 reg

serviced 3 years ago

<...>

Is that thing even MOT'd?

The hit to the car was at 1 -3 mile per hour does that make a difference?

Have you checked the laws, didn't they change recently or was it just talk??

I'm sure a figure of 15mph (or something) was mooted as the minimum lowest speed for a claim.

Archived