£100M for south coast flood damage

is the north being disadvantaged for the south?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. is the north being disadvantaged for the south?

• yes, they deserve it.
    • no, they deserve it.
    • yes, purseholders are looking after their neighbours.
    • no, of course not.
    • the south should be given up to the sea.
    • cant vote now, i'm drowning!

Another one who can talk in meaningless percentages without disclosing figures.

0.56 % GDP.

Its quite simple and not meaningless.

These symbols aren't hieroglyphs!

here, read all about it

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/mar/20/uk-aid-spend-important-works

"The UK's official development assistance (ODA) is expected to rise to £11.3bn when it hits the 0.7% target"

£11300000000

out of a gdp of whatever the gdp is 15,000,000,000,000,000 is a tiny tiny tiny fraction

the foreign aid vs flood defense argument is just such a sad way at looking at the state of things were not on the dole we're, as a countryreally really really really rich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

6th place out of 200, we can afford to throw 11 billion at foreigners and anyone who tells you we can't is lying.

we're spending 80+ billion on a new train fgs.

however many 1000's of billions on weapons

and who knows how much keeping a corrupt financial system afloat.

There is no issue to fudge. It's very clear. You're responding to dog whistle politics that does nothing to help anybody right now. It's idiotic.

So stop fudging and tell us how much 0.7% of our overseas aid budget is terms of £ S D.:suspect::roll::suspect::roll:

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 23:42 ----------

and who knows how much keeping a corrupt financial system afloat.

What about the despots who pocket our overseas aid year on year especially those in Africa where £Billions each year goes to line dictators pockets yet we continue on squandering tax payers money.

The Thames is rising. All of a sudden we're rich. London's under threat and money is no object. Funny world is bolitics.

There is an election on the way and there is the important matter of votes to be bought.

The poor get the bedroom tax. People in affluent villages on the Thames get the government strong arming the banks on their behalf, future promises of unlimited spending etc...

Spot the difference.

There is an election on the way and there is the important matter of votes to be bought.

The poor get the bedroom tax. People in affluent villages on the Thames get the government strong arming the banks on their behalf, future promises of unlimited spending etc...

Spot the difference.

Roughly 120 miles.

Latest news:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/mail-demands-foreign-aid-to-be-spent-on-replacing-british-carpets-2014021183451

THE Daily Mail has called on the government to stop sending money to poor foreigners when it could be used to replace carpets right here in Britain.

The newspaper has launched a petition which has actually been signed by people.

In a hard-hitting editorial the paper said that British carpets must always come first and that most foreign aid was used to build Chinese spaceships.

Meanwhile, the Mail underlined the horrifying extent of Britain’s humanitarian crisis by illustrating its story with a photo of a moist BMW.

Martin Bishop, from Somerset, said: “I’ve only had this carpet six months and now it’s all soggy. I’m really unhappy, but the government won’t even buy me a new telly.”

His wife Sarah added: “How many BMWs have to get wet before the government stops trying to impress stupid African babies?”

:)

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 23:48 ----------

Well one brainbox on here claimed that only 0.7% of our annual spending went on overseas aid so I asked for monetary units and not percentages.

Well ask the person who claimed it and stop harassing me. Good lad.

Archived