£100M for south coast flood damage

is the north being disadvantaged for the south?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. is the north being disadvantaged for the south?

• yes, they deserve it.
    • no, they deserve it.
    • yes, purseholders are looking after their neighbours.
    • no, of course not.
    • the south should be given up to the sea.
    • cant vote now, i'm drowning!

The Long Johns did a great sketch on our overseas aid, it was massively used to buy influence on trade deals, its in own own self interest npt some hopelessly ideal giveaway.

Similar to helping the former eastern pack countrys modernise..we now have markets for our goods.

Ah now I understand, we give them money to spend here, any idea where I can apply for some money to spend here?

---------- Post added 13-02-2014 at 16:58 ----------

I sympathise with your anger but it still has nothing specifically to do with flood defence funds.

You'd be better sympathising with those in flooded areas whose taxes are still paying for overseas aid whilst their homes are flooded.

Ah now I understand, we give them money to spend here, any idea where I can apply for some money to spend here?

---------- Post added 13-02-2014 at 16:58 ----------

You'd be better sympathising with those in flooded areas whose taxes are still paying for overseas aid whilst their homes are flooded.

Actually, they are in Tory heartlands where they seem to want to pay less taxes. Many of the properties along the Thames are no doubt owned by higher band tax payers, many of whom who no doubt have an ideological opposition to the climate change arguments.

They pay less tax they get less services, and that includes less flood defences. They also voted for parties committed to maintaining the foreign aid budget. It's what they wanted. It's what they voted for.

Actually, they are in Tory heartlands where they seem to want to pay less taxes. Many of the properties along the Thames are no doubt owned by higher band tax payers, many of whom who no doubt have an ideological opposition to the climate change arguments.

They pay less tax they get less services, and that includes less flood defences. They also voted for parties committed to maintaining the foreign aid budget. It's what they wanted. It's what they voted for.

Funny how they are now dependent on the public services that they hate so much to help them out. Mind you if they were hoping G4S or Serco would come to the rescue they'd be waiting an awful long time.

Funny how they are now dependent on the public services that they hate so much to help them out. Mind you if they were hoping G4S or Serco would come to the rescue they'd be waiting an awful long time.

indeed.

Where's the flood defences?

Where's the soldiers? Why aren't the ones that turn up equipped?

Why is the environment agency so stretched?

Where are the police to stop the looting?

Tories, you wanted these cuts. You voted for them.

indeed.

Where's the flood defences?

Where's the soldiers? Why aren't the ones that turn up equipped?

Why is the environment agency so stretched?

Where are the police to stop the looting?

Tories, you wanted these cuts. You voted for them.

What would you have soldiers equipped with? Apart from shovels, sand and bags? Should we be sending our new type 45 destroyers up the Thames ? Maybe the engineering regiments can add a bit of expertise but what they provide is strong backs, numbers and organisation. There are a huge amount on standby as it is.

Archived