£100M for south coast flood damage

is the north being disadvantaged for the south?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. is the north being disadvantaged for the south?

• yes, they deserve it.
    • no, they deserve it.
    • yes, purseholders are looking after their neighbours.
    • no, of course not.
    • the south should be given up to the sea.
    • cant vote now, i'm drowning!

£100 million,i thought that to repair the rail track alone it was £500 million.

the numbers just dont make sense any more, i mean £500 million to to repair the rail line!!!. what about the houses?, then there is the loss of business then what about the other damage that been done to the infrastructure?

i think that 2-4 billion would be more like it.

£100 million,i thought that to repair the rail track alone it was £500 million.

the numbers just dont make sense any more, i mean £500 million to to repair the rail line!!!. what about the houses?, then there is the loss of business then what about the other damage that been done to the infrastructure?

i think that 2-4 billion would be more like it.

The houses will be insured won't they? You'd be hard pressed to get a mortgage without it.

They will surely not be insurable now. Like thousands of others after this winter

Wasn't legislation put in place to make sure that didn't happen? Just because you've been flooded (after some fairly biblical storms over an extended period of time) doesn't mean you'll be refused insurance. If that's the case stacks of people in catcliffe (and many other places) haven't got insurance and I don't believe that.

Realistically the SW will get whatever it takes to repair the damage.

It's coalition territory and a mecca for wealthy second home owners. It wouldn't do for their investments to lose value now would it?

It would be interesting to see what the figure would be if it was Cleethorpes for example. But that's just politics, spare a thought for those affected eh?

Wasn't legislation put in place to make sure that didn't happen? Just because you've been flooded (after some fairly biblical storms over an extended period of time) doesn't mean you'll be refused insurance. If that's the case stacks of people in catcliffe (and many other places) haven't got insurance and I don't believe that.

Have you seen the houses? Residents reported them physically bouncing up and down as the waves hit. My bet is that they will be demolished. In other areas where the sea has encroached this winter, and repairs have still not been made, properties are now barely viable as long term places to live unless the government commits to defending them.

Insurers are under no obligation to insure high risk properties. Many will refuse.

IMO it is probably best to allow some areas to be taken by the sea.

---------- Post added 06-02-2014 at 17:34 ----------

It would be interesting to see what the figure would be if it was Cleethorpes for example. But that's just politics, spare a thought for those affected eh?

I feel sorry for the people who have had their homes and businesses wrecked.

I also feel sorry for people who have been shortchanged by successive governments.

How can an area with over 1.2 million people not have resilient transport links?

Archived