M1 road works J31 to J 29 and further

Take it you haven't been in them !started first junction 31 to 30 then to 29a then to 29 now looks like to 28 .... Finish one part before starting the next..... Let's just remove the barrier and sit on our backside for a months....

Yes I have been in them. I am in them twice a day five days a week. My office is located between Chesterfield and Derby.

The point was, WHAT is your comment? Are you complaining about the roadworks? Happy about the roadworks? or something else. They ARE doing them in stages. It was initally higher up the M1 and now its slowing moving down bit by bit. That's generally how roadworks are done. What more do you expect?

IF you are seeking opinion then my answer is simply this. YES they are annoying, YES they are a major inconvenience but these are safety works on the central reservation which I understand from a reliable source within the Highways Agency we have been ordered to install in order to comply with EU Safety Standards.

Although they do seem to be taking forever, they are at least moving the works slowly down in stages. It was initially as high up as jct 36 all the way down, however now at least there is a nice long stretch from North Sheff to almost Jct 31 before they begin where you can at least keep your toe down.

I really dont know what more you are seeking for your post.

Archived