Gold & Silver Doc Martens

abbeyedges

You get this reference all the time in discussions about the 60s and 70s. As a regular at United matches During this period I don't remember seeing it, although it may have just pass me by. I remember mid 1970's everyone wearing donkey jackets to matches, a celebration of hard working class culture

It was not massively common, i.e. not everyone did it, but I do remember some lads in Silver Doc Martens (normal ones sprayed silver), and also remember someone wearing Loafers sprayed silver as well.

Blades wore Silver

Remember the Blades lads who liked a beer and the occasional fisticuffs singing to the tune of Chuck Berrys my ding a ling

My silver boots

my silver boots

I want you to play with my silver boots :hihi::hihi:

Can remember the coloured Martins,didn't realise they were a club thing,Ox blood on mine 1st pair £4.99 at Colvins,me ma went spare having to fork ou for them,started work a month later and gave her 10bob a week back to calm her down.

Blades wore Silver

Remember the Blades lads who liked a beer and the occasional fisticuffs singing to the tune of Chuck Berrys my ding a ling

My silver boots

my silver boots

I want you to play with my silver boots :hihi::hihi:

Rotherham fans wear the silver boots now. Bronze for you lot. :hihi:

No Abbey, I know Blades who had silver DM boots as well as Gold, I don't think the colour meant anything other than it was the era of Glam Rock.

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 23:02 ----------

Ox Blood was a dark colour, in the mid 70's there was a polish called "Tonette" which was a lighter colour, very cool!!!

If you used the oxblood coloured polish on a light coloured shoe (eg white, beige, grey, or cream, etc) you could get the most fantastic purple-y-pink-y red colour. I did this a few times on white or cream shoes which had started to look tatty.

Archived