Milk delivered to your door

Maybe the decline of delivered milk is due to the reputation that milkman have of befriending the wife's of clients

Like the Benny Hill bloke?

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 00:12 ----------

Don't see pop lorries anymore either. I blame the EU.

Didn't William Vague's Dad have a pop lorry and pretended to drink 15 pints of beer?

Like the Benny Hill bloke?

---------- Post added 07-02-2014 at 00:12 ----------

Didn't William Vague's Dad have a pop lorry and pretended to drink 15 pints of beer?

Hard to tell, I've only seen videos of him chasing people then being chased himself

I still have milk delivered, although I think I'm probably about the only one on our road now.

I think it will be sad to see another British Institution disappear because of the ever expanding supermarkets.

Regards

Doom

I would love to have a milkman, but they are so expensive compared to supermarkets. Also, there are the smaller version express supermarkets that are so local now and cheap.

I have milk delivered only a pint a day, but lovely to know if I run out, I will wake up to a pint on my doorstep. He says how funny it is how popular he suddenly becomes when it snows !!! gets people chasing him down street asking if hes got any spare milk!!!!

Archived