Milk delivered to your door

I would love to have this again. If I haven't cut milk out of my diet. Maybe 1 bottle every week would be nice. I do feel quite nostalgic when thinking about finding milk on my doorstep each morning. There is something nice and luxurious about that. It seems so odd that this kind of service is now gone.

Yep we still have it delivered, it is more expensive yes. But it is worth it because ours never lets us down, really fresh and lasts, bottles are reused, we never run out and it is one less heavy object to lug around when the big shopping is done.

To me it tastes better than cheapo supermarket milk but that might be imagination.

Yep we still have it delivered, it is more expensive yes. But it is worth it because ours never lets us down, really fresh and lasts, bottles are reused, we never run out and it is one less heavy object to lug around when the big shopping is done.

To me it tastes better than cheapo supermarket milk but that might be imagination.

Hi what area do they deliver.

How much is it from the milkman these days?

80p a pint from my local milkman - not Sheffield but I'd guess the prices would be similar. You can order online and pay by Direct Debit - all very modern!

I don't have milk delivered these days, but I CAN remember milk being delivered, not in a bottle but just poured into a 2 pint jug my mother had!
Bloomin' heck, scousemouse - that dates us both!.:?.Not only did our milkman fill my mum's jug from a churn, he had a horse called Dobbin....:|

Archived