In Car CCTV (11 characters)

Ive got one of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F2GMUPU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00F2GMUPU&linkCode=as2&tag=techmoancom-20

Brilliant. The quality is great, the size is tiny, you cant even see it behind my rear view mirror and the gps function is useful and when used with the software on your computer its fun too.

The picture quality really is good and one of the best around according to a traffic plod i handed some footage too recently after a crash. He was amazed at the clarity and detail.

Pretty sure I have the same camera, think it was branded something else though, great peace of mind knowing you have it and I wouldn't be without it now. Didn't tell my insurance about it as I don't want to ensure it is with me every hour of every day should they want to see any recordings, it's my hidden trump card if ever needed.

Yeah that explains it. I think mine is set to Chinese time.

ror You sirry boy :hihi:

Glad you got it sorted now :)

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 14:34 ----------

Pretty sure I have the same camera, think it was branded something else though, great peace of mind knowing you have it and I wouldn't be without it now. Didn't tell my insurance about it as I don't want to ensure it is with me every hour of every day should they want to see any recordings, it's my hidden trump card if ever needed.

Good point about not telling the insurance and i totally agree. Its great to have just in case but you wouldnt want to have to use it all the time.

If you havent watched any of the footage yet though, igve it a go. The quality is very good indeed.

ror You sirry boy :hihi:

Glad you got it sorted now :)

I've found a computer to look at the files, and there's another problem :hihi:

It seems to show about 3 seconds of car movement, then it starts again a few seconds later. (the sound is continuous though).

A bit like watching something digital TV when the signal keeps going.

I've tried changed the motion detection to off as I thought that that was it. I've also reduced it from HD quality, but it still does the same :huh: Are there any other setttings that need to be changed?!

edit realised you can't post, if you know the prob can you email me on djash1000.ac@gmail.com

That's very cheap, are they actually as functional as the dogcam cameras?

GPS isn't really required IMO, but the G sensor that automatically saves 3 minutes footage when it detects an impact is a nice touch.

I don't know Dogcam but it does everything I need. I just want to get a new memory card as I currently only have a 8gb so I'd like a new one. I find the video quality is perfect as you can see numberplates etc the only thing I would prefer was if you could see more at night but I rarely go out at night.

As it turns on and off with the ignition once it's mounted you can forget about it till you need to check the videos. Also the builtin screen comes handy so you can check the footage straight away

Do these item have a high theft value? Will somebody smash the windscreen to punch it? Do you hide them away when not in the car? Ta for advice in advance.

Pinch it, I mean

They stick out like Sat nav and yes high risk for smash and grab.

Most are poor Chinese clones and don't last long...

---------- Post added 27-02-2014 at 22:24 ----------

I have one of these fitted to my windscreen. THIS is the video on the highest quality

fake dod

Also there is a legal requirement on where you can place it...

Archived