Am I blowing this out of proportion?

My other half and I share the bills and each week he gives me his half, over the last few weeks he's paid but not all and this has ended up rolling over week to week

Tonight he gave me his half as normal but when I mentioned that there was also the £25 outstanding he tried saying he didn't owe it! Now this or something like it has happened before but this time I had wrote it down in his diary so had proof.

He moaned about it but then moved on from the subject, he gave me his half of the bills but took £6 out of it for buying toilet rolls! (He surely plans on using them and there not just for me) and then accepts £10 from me to pick up milk, bread etc before going to the pub.

I'm slightly annoyed but am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Just don't get married. Unless you want Jeremy Kyle's agents come knocking :) :)

He sounds like hard work. Being mean is one of the worst characteristsics in a person. Whilst he might think he is saving himself £25, then it is also at your expense.

Not mountain out of a molehill at all, but am unsure of the most effective way to get him to address his behaviour and how he treats you. Life is too short for such stingyness. No matter what regime you put in place I feel he will always try to figure a way out of you paying part of his share, which says a lot about how he feels towards you. Unless you get him to deal with and see his behaviour for what it is, then he wont change.

Sad but true. He is displaying contempt towards you through this behaviour. If you let it go now it will carry on and get worse.

I only ever wanted 50/50 so I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I also found out today that he said to his mate "we're having a takeaway tonight and she's paying, il make sure"

Starting to make my blood boil:rant:

Going 50-50 doesn't even seen fair to me..if you split things then shouldn't it be done on a pro-rata sort of deal..for example if he earns twice as much as you then he should pay 2/3rds of costs and you a third..if you see what I mean..

Archived