Am I blowing this out of proportion?

£25 outstanding, why not send the bailiffs round?

Seriously though, very childish. I'm 23, my GF is 26 and I think we're more grown up.

If he does pay you the money, make sure you give him a receipt, obviously it's a very formal affair.

It's the principal though isn't it.

If he's issuing IOU's for bills, what other areas is he short changing her in ?

I'd wager he's having an affair, with her best friend, using the matrimonial bed, whilst she's at work, and everyone knows bar her. :hihi:

My late husband and I never had single accounts, everything went in one 'pot' (bank) and I saw to all the household bills......it worked for us.

Exactly. My husband and myself have been married 39 yrs and we've always put ALL money together and everything is paid out of it. The money as with everything else is ours.......... ( not separate his & mine ) we have always shared everything. To us, having separate accounts mean you want to keep something from the other one, or don't trust the other one with your money. Any money that is spare after all bills paid is there for either of us, we never feel the need to ask the other for 'permission' to spend any of it, we just do it. That is called TRUST and what a marriage / partnership should be based on as well as love. If you haven't got trust.... then you've got nothing.

Exactly. My husband and myself have been married 39 yrs and we've always put ALL money together and everything is paid out of it. The money as with everything else is ours.......... ( not separate his & mine ) we have always shared everything. To us, having separate accounts mean you want to keep something from the other one, or don't trust the other one with your money. Any money that is spare after all bills paid is there for either of us, we never feel the need to ask the other for 'permission' to spend any of it, we just do it. That is called TRUST and what a marriage / partnership should be based on as well as love. If you haven't got trust.... then you've got nothing.

Me and the other half are similar, except we don't have joint accounts. We buy things with our own accounts but don't ask each other for money or owe each other money for anything. If one of us goes shopping, the person that goes pays. If I'm out in the family car and it needs filling up, I fully it up, and so does she if she's out in it.

Archived