Scumbags in McDonalds

I would be annoyed having any sort of bag in a cup. Tea served should be in a pot with a jug of hot water to top up as you please.

With the prices some of these cafes and restaurants have the nerve to charge for tea they should at the very least be seving it properly. Bag in a cup for £2.50 / £3.50 and even I have seen as much as £5.00 is just taking the michael.

But some cafe places do not boil their hot water to be above 100 C. So that is why by the time you get the hot water and dip the teabag, the diffusion does not work that well. It takes a proper tea maker who knows their stuff and really take care of this kind of thing to make a nice cup of tea.

I really hate it when people do not do these kind of simple things properly. Or maybe I am taking it for granted that I do like my tea to be properly made. Maybe in the real world, not everybody drinks tea??? (OMG, what is the world coming to? :hihi: )

Do not get me going on how tea is made in the office. I do politely accept when someone does something for me, but secretly I yearn for a nice cup of tea. Really really. :help::hihi:

The op stated that the brand of tea was PG tips, I was recently conned into buying a box of PG Tips by what seemed like a special offer at the supermarket and found that in order to get anywhere near a decent cuppa I need to use 2 bags per cup.

Why anyone would go to McDonalds and order tea shows a personality disorder in itself, when if memory serves me well the only consumable thing that McDonalds have on their menu is their coffee.

None of which really answers SuperHans' original question (why anyone would behave like this in public).

The answer is simple : either they have never been taught any manners, or they have chosen not to use them. The man was a slob.

If he didn't wish to have the teabag hanging out of his cup (and who would?), there was nothing to stop him asking the assistant to remove it and dispose of it.

I feel the same disappointment when I see adults sloppily eating food with their fingers which is designed to be eaten with a knife and fork. What can you do?

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 13:56 ----------

It should be compulsory in every café/food outlet, that old ladies prepare cups of tea. They know how it should be served.

Absolutely. The ones in the WRVS cafe in our local hospital are amazing. They sell homemade flapjacks too.

It should be compulsory in every café/food outlet, that old ladies prepare cups of tea. They know how it should be served.

I was once denied a cup of tea at one of the food outlets at meadowhall because the machine was broke,I thought for gods sake make it the manual way then!!

Bit strong to label that sort of untidy behaviour in the op, as the actions of 'scum'? It was a teabag, not a scumbag.

I know what I think of as scumbag behaviour, and it's not a bloke putting a wet teabag on the countertop. :suspect:

Bit strong to label that sort of untidy behaviour in the op, as the actions of 'scum'? It was a teabag, not a scumbag.

I know what I think of as scumbag behaviour, and it's not a bloke putting a wet teabag on the countertop. :suspect:

Well for me it is, shows a lack of respect to every person in the situation.

In before "Why would anybody eat at McDonalds anyway".

In a Doncaster McDonalds earlier, I witnessed a grown man...perfectly respectable looking, he takes his cup of PG Tips from the staff at the counter, proceeds to lift the teabag out right there and then, and just dumps it on the counter in front of the till.

What causes people to behave like this?

In before fresh prince, dinosaur, cotton eye joe.

My girlfriend works at McDonalds and sees things like this all the time. I think they leave the teabag in so you can make it as strong as you like. Some people like their tea a lot stronger than others. If you want Tea from a teapot go to a cafe not a fast food restaurant.

My girlfriend regular gets food/money thrown at her and gets abuse every time she works

I would be annoyed having any sort of bag in a cup. Tea served should be in a pot with a jug of hot water to top up as you please.

With the prices some of these cafes and restaurants have the nerve to charge for tea they should at the very least be seving it properly. Bag in a cup for £2.50 / £3.50 and even I have seen as much as £5.00 is just taking the michael.

You expect McDonalds to provide you a tea pot?

---------- Post added 10-02-2014 at 14:00 ----------

But some cafe places do not boil their hot water to be above 100 C.

I suppose that might be possible if there were a really high pressure weather system or you were somehow below sea level. But otherwise it's quite a trick.

You can in theory superheat water with a microwave, but it will then boil off as soon as you disturb it at all.

Archived