Looking for Albert and Sylvia Philips ( nee Auty )

Re my thread - Frederick Auty KIA WW2. Anyone with a knowledge of Sylvia Auty, who believe to be Frederick Auty's daughter. The Free BMD site shows a marriage for Albert and Sylvia in 1947. Sylvia has posted a photo of her father on a site relating to the Parachute Regiment.

PM me please !

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 22:13 ----------

Looking at the time scale, I am probably looking for Fred's grandaughter !

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 15/10/2020 at 21:05, Runningman said:

Trying again with this post

Here's hoping I get a response !

I am still trying without success to contact descendants of Frederick Auty, my Dad's pal who was KIA in WW2

Anyone out there know any Auty named folks.

Fred was a Sheffield lad.

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

The memory is rusty, these days - but I'm sure we (five university students) lived next door to Albert & Sylvia in 1981-1983, on the corner of Tasker Rd and Mulehouse Rd (in Crookes) - they'd have been at #65 Mulehouse Rd.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.384444,-1.5098594,3a,36y,201.44h,84.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8vyXcIdPz_G5M7AF0kL9HA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en-GB&coh=205409&entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MDgyMS4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

They would then have been in their late 60s, early 70s, so must have long left us by now. Albert, although retired, ran an airport taxi business in a Leyland Sherpa minibus; he was very small, while Sylvia was an imposing lady, someone not to get on the wrong side of! They were both salt of the earth Sheffield folk - generous to a fault. I vaguely remember mention of a daughter, but don't recall ever meeting her?

Good evening Wessex Druid !

I have traced the last known address of Albert and Sylvia

I now believe Sylvia to have been the sister of Fred Auty

I am in contact with Fred's niece and hoping to meet her soon.

Thanks for your reply !