Immigration mp resigns

On the face of it it's a hilarious example of MPs preaching to others whilst not doing so themselves and, believe me, I'm the first to take the pish out out Tories when they screw up.......but, in my job I regularly encounter employers who take on workers, see the requisite Spanish ID cards and fill in the correct forms complete with NINOs (National Insurance Numbers) only to find they've been scammed and they've employed some illegal Brazilian instead.

It is funny when it happens to the person responsible for those billboards about sending foreigners home,but I'm really not sure he can be blamed for the fraudulent activity of someone else.

On the face of it it's a hilarious example of MPs preaching to others whilst not doing so themselves and, believe me, I'm the first to take the pish out out Tories when they screw up.......but, in my job I regularly encounter employers who take on workers, see the requisite Spanish ID cards and fill in the correct forms complete with NINOs (National Insurance Numbers) only to find they've been scammed and they've employed some illegal Brazilian instead.

It is funny when it happens to the person responsible for those billboards about sending foreigners home,but I'm really not sure he can be blamed for the fraudulent activity of someone else.

You know what UKIP will say - he could have avoided it all by employing a local.

They'll have a field day with this.

in my job I regularly encounter employers who take on workers, see the requisite Spanish ID cards and fill in the correct forms complete with NINOs (National Insurance Numbers) only to find they've been scammed and they've employed some illegal Brazilian instead.

i wonder how many employers will be using that excuse/geting scammed when they think there are taking on the romanian and bulgarian influx allowed in now :suspect:

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 23:25 ----------

You know what UKIP will say - he could have avoided it all by employing a local.

They'll have a field day with this.

it shows they want the same as other employers in wanting cheap labour :roll:

This should send alarm bells ringing, if they are working right under there noses then what are they doing else where ?

This shows that they are not just working in the black market but all over the place, taking the jobs off British nationals.

I hope they fined him the £2000 or whatever it is for employing people that are illegal, it will be nice to find out if this is the case.

This should send alarm bells ringing, if they are working right under there noses then what are they doing else where ?

This shows that they are not just working in the black market but all over the place, taking the jobs off British nationals.

I hope they fined him the £2000 or whatever it is for employing people that are illegal, it will be nice to find out if this is the case.

Just been thinking this through - are we to believe that somebody working for a government minister who had access to his home were not security cleared in any way? Not even to a basic level, e.g. identity verification.

There must be potential security issues with this.

Archived