DJ recomendation - wedding Aug 2015

Congratulations on your pending marriage and may I say congratulations on your ad. You seem to be unique in realising that you really do get what you pay for when it comes to DJs. The amount of rubbish I have seen and heard (usually on awful sound systems) just because the organisers wanted to save twenty quid or so is astounding. Hope you have a great 'do'.

Thanks both, the amount of reviews I have read on DJ's are not good. If anybody has had any good reviews, please let me know and we'll look in to one. We want one who will play music that we want the DJ to play and also take the odd song request.

Cheers

I have done a few weddings for forum members, and always had positive feedback. As already stated, you do get what you pay for, and a bad dj can ruin your night.

I insist on a face to face meeting with the couple, to get to know what they want for the big day, and to get an idea of their musical tastes, and also willing to play requests on the night.

Make sure that whoever you book is covered by public liability insurance, some venues wont let a dj setup if they dont have it.

Thanks both, the amount of reviews I have read on DJ's are not good. If anybody has had any good reviews, please let me know and we'll look in to one. We want one who will play music that we want the DJ to play and also take the odd song request.

Cheers

They should all do that. If they don't they shouldn't be working at functions in my view.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have done a few weddings for forum members, and always had positive feedback. As already stated, you do get what you pay for, and a bad dj can ruin your night.

I insist on a face to face meeting with the couple, to get to know what they want for the big day, and to get an idea of their musical tastes, and also willing to play requests on the night.

Make sure that whoever you book is covered by public liability insurance, some venues wont let a dj setup if they dont have it.

And that their equipment is PAT tested and stickered and decent enough for the type of venue.

Archived