What are these black masts

Anyone know what the tall black masts are which are sprouting up all over the place, often right next to the grey Tetra or mobile phone masts.

Has it anything to do with rolling out of the 4G system?

I'm getting an 'upgrade' 4G mobile phone later on this week ... there's NO WAY I'm carrying a tall mast round with me wherever I go though! Carphone Warehouse certainly didn't tell me about that ... I've even been to look at a leather case for it!

This is not an advancement in technology so far as I'm concerned, and the manager of Carphone Warehouse can expect a very vociferous phone call from me tomorrow morning, first thing! :rant:

I'm getting an 'upgrade' 4G mobile phone later on this week ... there's NO WAY I'm carrying a tall mast round with me wherever I go though! Carphone Warehouse certainly didn't tell me about that ... I've even been to look at a leather case for it!

This is not an advancement in technology so far as I'm concerned, and the manager of Carphone Warehouse can expect a very vociferous phone call from me tomorrow morning, first thing! :rant:

Don't worry you wont need a tall mast, they are dishing out double sized string for those who don't want one..!:hihi:

I`ve noticed some very large masts appearing around the area and wondered what they were for. These are grey ones, a bit larger diameter than a telegraph pole. I noticed another one yesterday that was on Prince of Wales road near the speed cameras-left side as you are heading up the dual carriageway. I think the diameter reduces in size higher up the mast.

Archived