Sheffield's famous pipe fitters,platers,welders and fabricators.

GVOWL

Old Cuttsies got a brilliant thread going about Sheffield's famous brickies, they were more transient than us (namely as title) but we got about as well didn't we???? Must admit I had some good brickie and labourers as mates, Jimmy Shepherd and Graham Slynn to mention a couple.

I'll be adding some posts later but me teas ready soon so i'll leave as is at the moment, so come on you lot, get chipping in.

Old Cuttsies got a brilliant thread going about Sheffield's famous brickies, they were more transient than us (namely as title) but we got about as well didn't we???? Must admit I had some good brickie and labourers as mates, Jimmy Shepherd and Graham Slynn to mention a couple.

I'll be adding some posts later but me teas ready soon so i'll leave as is at the moment, so come on you lot, get chipping in.

Slinny and Shepherd more famous than Laurel and Hardy them two.

In Shefield that is!:)

Yep, I know, had some laughs with them two, looks like no takers for my thread yet Cuttsie

Perhaps you should have put furniss men, rollers and grinders in there.

I would have started you off with Ern the furn who lved on Industry Street at Walkley and was one of the the finest Sheffielders I have ever had the privilege to know.

But Ern and the thousands like him who spent their days in the rolling mills, furnaces, grinding and fettling shops,buffing ,polishing and stamping factories will never have their names on a star outside the Town Hall .

They have just faded away along with Sheffields Industry.

Archived