Opinions on Ponds Forge leisure centre

i think it's still good, although when i went last time to go swimming i found a plaster in my hair when i went to go change :gag:

i thought i'd leave it for a few month, to let the staff filter the water for rats etc

i'm not putting you off am i?:hihi:

Hi

My partner and I have just started taking lur 7 month old son to Ponds Forge and we think its ok, the water is a bit cold though. And not keen on pying full price when half facilities are not working, the slide, the spa pool, to name but a few!

This is such a shame because it used to be a great facility from when it opened up to a few years ago.

I have been searching for places to take my daughter, but they are either too dirty or freezing cold. The only swimming pool which I have had constant great reviews from is the Virgin one at Abbeydale...but I am not a member and can't afford the £40.00 per month just to take my daughter swimming!

Would be interested to hear if anyone can recommend any good ones...Hillsborough I found freezing - had to bring her out after 5 mins as her lips were turning blue - Eckington cold and dirty - Dronfield horrible and dirty...Westfield is excellent and warm on a Sunday morning but that is about to close for resiting to the new premises (I believe!)

Westfield is excellent and warm on a Sunday morning but that is about to close for resiting to the new premises (I believe!)

I understand that work will start next summer on the new westfield

Generally though - the rub is that swimming pools cost ££££££££££'s to run. You have outlined the problems at the various pools.

We don;t invest in swimming and then wonder why Australia/USA/Canada/NZ always thrash us in the olympics and (leaving out USA) the Commonwealth games next week

am I been really think, but what are double snakes?? I can only hazzard a guess! erh....

Liose please let me know of anywhere as well to take my son swimming this thread has put me off taking him again

Try Westfield on a Sunday morning! Apparently work not due to start until next summer...By that time, I should have won the lottery then I'll build my own imitation Virgin pool near me and let the forum babies use it!!!

Archived