Opinions on Ponds Forge leisure centre

As an ex employee, smjns, I am sure you don't really need a forum thread re opinions on Ponds Forge.

We continue to provide a huge service to the city of Sheffield with thousands of swimmers, gym members and over 1000 kids on swimming lessons benefitting each week.

We invest as a city in swimming - the standard of lessons at Ponds Forge is excellent with planned progression from these lessons into the Council's squads for those wanting to develop into competitive swimming. There is access to all swimming at all levels at Ponds Forge - whether for health, fun or elite competition. We are aiming to see Sheffield swimmers winning gold medals in the near future.

We balance this with continued provision of an events venue for local and national sport.

In addition to this we have the hugely successful Last Laugh Comedy Club every friday and saturday night.

We operate a diverse venue for over 1 million visitors each year and continue to manage all the operational challenges that can bring. We will not always get it right but please be assured we strive to!

I won't apologise for sounding a little passionate on here - I value the forum and think it can be a source of great local info. I am a little defensive since the actions of an individual with their own agenda have triggered a thread which potentially belittles the work we do here.

If you haven't been for a while, watch Channel 4's 'The Games' starting on 17th March... many of the city's sporting venues including Ponds Forge will be showcased.

Well said!

I use Ponds Forge 3 or 4 times a week, both myself as a user and my child who does various activities there.

We are extremely fortunate to have such fantastic facilities in Sheffield, and yes there is the odd blip, but speak to the people at the venue who will try and correct what you think is wrong.

As an ex employee, smjns, I am sure you don't really need a forum thread re opinions on Ponds Forge.

We continue to provide a huge service to the city of Sheffield with thousands of swimmers, gym members and over 1000 kids on swimming lessons benefitting each week.

We invest as a city in swimming - the standard of lessons at Ponds Forge is excellent with planned progression from these lessons into the Council's squads for those wanting to develop into competitive swimming. There is access to all swimming at all levels at Ponds Forge - whether for health, fun or elite competition. We are aiming to see Sheffield swimmers winning gold medals in the near future.

We balance this with continued provision of an events venue for local and national sport.

In addition to this we have the hugely successful Last Laugh Comedy Club every friday and saturday night.

We operate a diverse venue for over 1 million visitors each year and continue to manage all the operational challenges that can bring. We will not always get it right but please be assured we strive to!

I won't apologise for sounding a little passionate on here - I value the forum and think it can be a source of great local info. I am a little defensive since the actions of an individual with their own agenda have triggered a thread which potentially belittles the work we do here.

If you haven't been for a while, watch Channel 4's 'The Games' starting on 17th March... many of the city's sporting venues including Ponds Forge will be showcased.

but ... do your changing rooms still smell?

Pigtails,

I too respect your position and passion regarding Ponds Forge...however, there are a couple of us on here that would love to be able to bring babies there...but it's too cold! Do you have any special programs for babies/toddlers when it is really warm? (and not the pretend warm that Hillsborough claims to be or Eckington!)

Archived