New El Paso, ex-Moorfoot Tavern

EccleRd22

We went on Saturday night for our friends birthday and it was horrendous! We were told at the time of booking that the main menu would be available and not just the valentines menu...however when we got there we were told we HAD to order off the valentines menu, which was very limited and didn't really have what we would've ordered if we'd had more choice.

We waited 30 minutes for our drinks, then 45 minutes between the starter and the main course- the food was horrible and when we complained the waiter just said they were short staffed and that's why we waited so long.

Eventually, i think because we complained so much we only had to pay for the drinks (fair enough) but to make matters 10 times worse, I was sick all weekend - doctor confirmed it was food poisoning! Awful! Safe to say, we won't be going back!

• 1 month later...
I am planning on going out soon and I have seen El Paso at the bottom of moor. Just wondering if anyone has been and the food is like, etc? Thanks.

As you can read from above, mixed reviews.

My opinion: Food okay, reasonable price, not bad service, way too noisy.

First post and you've joined just to tell us it's great.

Amazing.

I'm not in the least bit cynical.

I remember years ago looking at reviews online and reading the repeated super positive, could not be better reviews of this place and having similar suspicions.

It might bE good for all I know, but a lot of the reviews are not legit.

Archived