Going to Tunisia in March

I went with to Port El Kantaoui with a friend a few years ago. It was May and the weather was gorgeous. The area itself was lovely, especially around the harbour area.

You can get some real bargains in the shops, but be prepared for the shopkeepers to be VERY persistent, we found them quite intimidating at times.

We went on a camel safari and a short boat trip, both so cheap that we thought there might be a catch, but there wasn't.

I'd go back, but only in a couple, or a family etc. We ended up not leaving the hotel much at night after getting harassed almost everywhere we went, and even getting followed back to our hotel.

my other half has found a realy good deal ,for the end of march for an allinclusive holiday to tunisa,neve been or know anybody whoes been,can anybody whoes been fill me in .thanks.

We (as a family) go to Tunisia every year, have been for over 15 years, love the place.

The locals are very friendly, but can be pushy at the markets, and you need to tip everyone, which we tipped 1 dinar, which is about 40p, but a lot of money to them. to say the average hotel worker gets about 60 dinar a week

Tunisia can get very hot, so take good factor sun cream, i've burnt many times and still got the scars to prove it

Went once, wouldn't go again after seeing what is going on today, street traders and store/shop owners got very rude if you didn't buy, for example anything that needed making like a copper ashtray would be double the quoted price when they'd made it.

Too much time being hassled.

Archived